And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sending good, healthy wishes to Dusty's mom.

I spent much of the day in the hospital, but am glad to say my dad is doing great! Went with him to his afternoon physical therapy, and the others there told him to stop showing them up. He's only taking six percocets a day, and says he's fine. Today, he was up and walking. Tomorrow, they're going to teach him how to do the stairs and get in out of of cars with his walker, then then he's coming home. I'm also enjoying a kitchen that's larger than a closet (my kitchen is small), and cooking with gas again. I kinda don't want to go home.

Ugh, it's an epidemic of parental health issues. My dad was in the ER for several hours tonight. He has had a blood clot issue in his left leg for years and takes blood thinners, wears some kind of weird sleeve sock, etc. There is a big family camping trip this weekend where most everyone but Claire and I and luckily my niece near my dad's house. She went to visit and he was rubbing his leg and saying it was hurting a bit. When she took a look, his leg was swollen to nearly double its size so they went to the ER. Once there, he admits it had been hurting for 4-5 days, blah blah blah. After a 45 minute ultrasound and other examinations, they cannot determine if he has a new clot or if it is the same old problem. The swelling went down quite a bit, and they let him go home, though, and he is in good spirits and complaining about the Giants' lack of hitting. Maybe that means he's doing well just like Vicki's dad. Ugh anyway.

Best wishes for you mom Dusty.

Sounds like compression stockings or T.E.D. hose Al. Hope your dad is doing better. Swollen leg is not a good sign on the clot department, but hopefully it will dissolve over time.

Scott, that might be Bell's palsy that your dad is experiencing... I'm not a doctor, just had it once. At any rate, best wishes for your dad as well.

Thinking healing thoughts in Al's Dad's direction.

My mom had a minor stroke. She is ... as fine as one can be, having had a stroke. She is definitely going to survive, I saw her moving her legs and everything. But she is severely weakened. She can't stand on her own. While I was visiting her, she had me prop her up again, but she doesn't even have the body strength to hold herself up, so that's going to need to be repeated every once in a while. That said, she's already bored and cranky and constantly telling the nurses to do stuff. So...that's good? She'll probably be out of the hospital on Monday and into PT.

So...I do appreciate all the well wishes -- I honestly believe in the power of positive thinking, and y'all really came through!

I hope your dad is doing ok, Scott, and that you stay in the healthy half of the family.

My mom had several minor strokes and recovered very well, Dusty. It sounds like your mom just needs some time to heal and regain strength. Continued good vibes in the direction of both of you.

I helped Claire finish setting up her new classroom and installed the Decco and Epos speakers for the third consecutive year. This is a really nice room and now that she is full time maybe she can keep it.

Thinking healing thoughts in Al's Dad's direction.

My mom had a minor stroke. She is ... as fine as one can be, having had a stroke. She is definitely going to survive, I saw her moving her legs and everything. But she is severely weakened. She can't stand on her own. While I was visiting her, she had me prop her up again, but she doesn't even have the body strength to hold herself up, so that's going to need to be repeated every once in a while. That said, she's already bored and cranky and constantly telling the nurses to do stuff. So...that's good? She'll probably be out of the hospital on Monday and into PT.

So...I do appreciate all the well wishes -- I honestly believe in the power of positive thinking, and y'all really came through!

Fiesty mom's are a good sign in the midst of illness. I wish her well, but I think she's gonna do it without the well wishes.