And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Probably just as well, as the weather looks like it will be wet through the weekend. My parents will be coming up with their exchange student this weekend, so I guess she will end up going back to Spain with the impression that NYC is one huge lake.

You can send some rain this way. UPS or Fedex ground is fine.

Brent, I no nothing of what you speak but it doesn't sound fun. sad.png

Wayne: The vinyl wrap sound like a great idea. Maybe you can make sure the neighbor's vinyl has lots of rats and maggots to go with the junk.

Edited by shellylh

At this point, I would be quite happy to have a hurricane come through here. I feel like the kids in Holes.

^ Yeah, we've been getting quite a bit of rain up here up well.

Oh a completely unrelated note, I found out that I don't have hemachromatosis. I'm happy that I can continue to eat red meat.

Red meat is good.

Turns out I have a bulging disc between L5 an S4 (I think),

**BRENT**

Between L5 and S1, the space between the last vertebra of the lumbar region, and the first of the sacral region. You have what's commonly called a slipped disc or herniated disk. Sorry to hear that, those really hurt. I've got one myself, same space, too. :(

Good news is most of the time, it gets better without surgery, given time, rehab, and antiinflammatories. Hope that's the case for you!

The iMac refused to let my wife log in this morning so I rebooted it while I was still logged in, only to have it refuse to start from the hard drive at all. It was working okay for me before the reboot. I booted from my ancient Snow Leopard 10.6.0 installer DVD and ran disk utilities and the drive was fine. But when i tried to repair permissions it was a mess, and couldn't do it.

I spent hours trying to get the internal drive bootable. I ended up wiping the hard drive, only to find the problem was on my recent clone of the internal drive too. So i had to re-install OSX 10.6 from DVD and migrating all the data from my most recent data from a time machine backup from 8/4, and then upgrading to the most recent 10.6.8 and other stuff. Only just now finished. Geez!

Wayne: The vinyl wrap sound like a great idea. Maybe you can make sure the neighbor's vinyl has lots of rats and maggots to go with the junk.

The guy's wife saw me getting into my car tonight, and rushed over to talk to me. She said that his feelings were hurt because he thought I was trying to tell him that he had too much junk in his yard! Duh!!! Too funny. Obviously I've never told him before, and offering him the fencing was my subtle way of saying I'd had enough of his junk.

She apparently told him he was crazy to turn down my offer, so now they want the free shit. Then she started hinting around that they wanted me to pay to install the fence! Ya, right. So I'm still not sure where this is going, but I told her they would have to put it up themselves and also get rid of all the milk crates and other assorted junk that now comprises their fence. She seems to be as fed-up with his madness as I am.

She then told me to wait a minute as she ran back into their house. I thought she was going to drag him out so we could kiss and make up, but no, out she comes with a coconut cream pie. I brought it to class tonight and told my students the story. One of them said, "Maybe it's poisoned... people do that, you know..." so we fed some to the stay cat that hangs out as the College, and then everyone dug in. It was quite good, actually.

Sorry for your pain, Brent. As Jvlgato said, it sounds like you've got a herniated disc between L5 and S1, maybe L4-L5 or hopefully not, both. You need to rest, take the anti-inflammatory and painkiller drugs, and wait to see if it needs surgical treatment. I wish it doesn't, most of the times it gets well with physical therapy alone. Best wishes your way :)

Cool stuff Shelly! Knot Theory would be a nice name for a cocktail. Maybe Marc can cook something up. smile.png

And congrat on closing on the house, Chris! 000-dancing.gif

take chilled absinthe, inject orange liqueur with a hypodermic needle. drink, motherfucker, drink. knot theory.

I will have to try a knot theory and see if it helps my research. ;)

On another note, I have begun to get really worried about the extreme drought we are having in Texas (but I am good at worrying and thinking of worst case scenarios). There is no real relief in site. We have begun mandatory water conservation. I also hope that my fellow Houstonians will actually try to conserve water in the home. I initially was worried about the foundation of our house, our oak trees etc. Now I am worried about running out of water, having to leave the state. This drought has me depressed to say the least. :(

In the hospital. Having back surgery in the morning. Went in for consult and wound up being admitted. HUGE herniation of the L5 disc complicating other things. Cell is almost dead but feel free to call at 4234958333. Room 333 at Memorial Hospital if you want to send a bouquet of chicken nachos ;)

That is what I posted to Facebook and G+. It seems it is really bad, and I had steroids with shots and 6 day pack. It just got worse. I am worried, but the morphine drip is helping.

Phone dying. Night all.

**BRENT**