And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congrats Ric and Melissa!

Drove down to lake house to drop off car load of furniture boxes that arrived today and check for any quake related issues. I then realized I forgot the key just as I pulled in at around 9pm. Luckily my realtor who has an office about 30 min away still had one so my 3 hour trip only became a 4.5 hour trip.

Edited by Dreadhead

Today I found out that Comcast will be bringing cable based high speed internet service to the lake house on 9/6/11 which is good news in that it means that we'll be able to get Netflix streaming going and work effectively from down there.

On the negative side it also means that we will be able to work down there and I won't be able to finally justify a dedicated mobile hotspot.

Now to remove the stupid satellite dishes.

I should be clear that this is the first "real" internet available in the area (it's BFN basically). No Fios. It's dial-up (no), aircard/hotspot (5gb/month?), or HughesNet (400mb/month WTF?) and that's it so this is very good news. I have no desire for TV down there other than the occasional movie hence the netflix etc.

Edited by Dreadhead