And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

No, I also wasn't surprised when we landed and were told on the display our bags were at carousel A, while each of the carousels had numbers, not letters on them. Then we were told it would come out of one of the two carousels and we would just have to watch to see. One hour and twelve minutes later our bags came out on carousel 2.

Rented an appliance dolly and with the help of my two sons, tried to move a huge ass old side by side refrigerator from the basement to the garage. Tried being the key word. The basement stairs go straight into a wall with only 3' clearance, right angle turn. Had the fridge on the stairs sans appliance dolly, but just couldn't do it as I was afraid someone was going to get hurt. So back down into the basement.

I guess once I figure out how to get the freon removed from it, I'll cut it up with a reciprocating saw and get it out that way. Major fail on my part having it put down there instead of the garage when we moved into this house facepalm.png Not sure what the fuck I was thinking.

Any advice on getting it out of there appreciated.

Had ComEd out today anyway (didn't cancel the appointment I had made), and they took it! Yay!

I was at work, but had removed the railing from the staircase, instructed both of my sons on how to remove the doors (both refrigerator and house), plugged it in to make sure it worked (a requirement from ComEd). Their movers apparently used a blanket and some kind of moving strap (good call Dan!). One of them commented on how heavy it was ("this is all metal, not like they build them today").

Edited by Pars

I visited my new bike during lunch at the bike store. It's beautiful, even better than I thought it would be. I'd bought a second Brooks B17 saddle for this bike, but decided to try out the Selle Italia Diva. I can return whichever I like least, and I already know I like the Brooks. I only need to decide on pedals. Right now, I have the two-sided SPDs with platforms on one side because I'm still nervous about clipping in when I'm in high traffic areas (ride with one foot clipped in, the other on the platform), but I'm wondering if I should just stop being a wimp and change to another, regular clipless, pedal.....but should I go road or mtb pedals? I don't know. It's all so confusing when you don't know what you're doing and are also afraid. Blech. Anyway, am still excited to get it tomorrow.

Ditto on the clip less pedals. The learning curve is short.

Weird day. Microwave took a dump and bought a replacement microwave/convection oven to replace it. Waiting to schedule the install.

Met with my youngest daughter to discuss how to best help my oldest daughter.

Got a call while eating dinner with youngest daughter that my middle grand child had broken his arm. Drove an hour back home to see him in the emergency room. He was pretty spacy from the drugs and won't even remember we were there, but he'll be fine.

I always dug my Crank Brothers Egg Beater pedals. 4 sided entry, lots of float (easy on the knees). Super light weight, too. I've seen plenty of people with Speedplays too. I think Egg Beaters work with SPD cleats, so you may not even have to change those. Lots of good options out there, though.

Just work on your trackstands and you'll never need to clip out at a light!

**BRENT**

Vicki, stop being a wimp and just get clip less pedals. You will get used to them quickly.

I suppose. smile.png

Mike, did you get the Acorn bags today? The ones I bought came. I'm really impressed with the construction.

Ditto on the clip less pedals. The learning curve is short.

I've been using SPDs, so and far have had only one fall, on my second day, because I was so busy looking at a driver I knew didn't see me, I didn't notice I'd come to a stop. Plop! I have no problem unclipping, but I so have problems clipping in, which has made for some seriously wobbly freakout moments when the light turns green, and I, as Mike as noted, am a fraidy-cat wimp. I haven't been on a road bike since the 70s. I was thinking I might want to get used to the handling of the bike before being locked into it. I dunno. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Just work on your trackstands and you'll never need to clip out at a light!

**BRENT**

I'll get right on that.....uh....maybe later.

Took my 18.5 yr old daughter for her laser vision correction. She lives a very active lifestyle, so she chose PRK over LASIK. Should I post videos? She's been saving up for years for this, and I thought her smile was going to split her head in half when she finally got it done. I was gonna add this to the "what made you smile today" thread, but I didn't smile as much as she did.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Got tired of the whole special (read expensive) shoes that can be used only for cycling. Since I only ride for fun and exercise now I put back on the original pedals and toe clips about 10 years ago and never looked back. Now I can cycle with any shoes I want. Maybe when Keen develops cycling sandals I will reconsider :).

The bicycle is hot though and it looks like it will be a sweet ride. Congrat Vicki.

Edited by morphsci