And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I brought my S&W 629 (.44mag, 4" barrel), H&K Tactical .45, and Colt Combat Commander. My friend who I went shooting with brought his Beretta P92.

I used to have a couple of kimbers, but I gave one to my father in law, and then my other one was stolen from my car in alaska.

I really miss my Kimber Compact CDP, but I could not get my wife to learn single action with safety and switched to a Glock 23 which is not quite as nice. I needed something more idiot proof.

Whew ... getting caught up here.

Good luck for med school entry, CJ.

Al, that cooling process and recovery sounds painful and messy, but results will hopefully be worth it. Plus, you get to yank the catheter yourself ... whoopee. Pics or it didn't happen. evil.gif

Steve ... you should know better ... blame the damage ob the shipper.

Happy shooting, Dan.

yah, my gun obsession was a decade ago. I found out today I still remember how to shoot. Or at least my hands do. I helped my friend improve from "on the man sized target" to "pie plate sized group" in 30 minutes of shooting (at 10 yards)

Can you still shoot with either hand?

That's an awfully personal question there Fritzy... :)

Yes, I can shoot with either hand, tho I tend to shoot left handed, and support with my right.

I spent the morning getting my paperwork started to start working at Aberdeen Proving Ground. This is going to be quite the process. It looks like for a while I'll be telling others what to do without being able to see a screen or touch a keyboard. Joy :)

Got fitted for contact lenses for the first time in my life. Wearing them right now. It is strange to have things in my periphery be sharp. 2 hours in with slight discomfort but I am very pleased with them. Everyone says I look goofier than I did before as most people see me for perhaps 5 minutes without my glasses. Focusing is almost like the autofocus on a fast af lens. Takes a split second to go from infinity focus to my book.

Edited by crappyjones123

Just got this in my email. I'm super-thrilled, and SO proud of my son who helped organize this! Gift of Life is a bone-marrow registry organization.

---------------------------------------

Dear Gift of Life Volunteer,

On May 22, 2011 you helped facilitate a donor drive in North Andover at Bar Mitzvah Drive- North Andover Sheep Shearing event. We are thrilled to inform you that a donor recruited at that drive has just been identified as a match for a 67 year old woman suffering from Acute Myelogenous Leukemia .

Sincerely,

Your friends at Gift of Life

-------------------------------------

I hope this works out.....!

I registered as a bone marrow donor at Notre Dame while visiting the campus with my daughter in April. Perhaps your son's Bar Mitzvah post had a subliminal influence on me, or maybe it was a HC coincidence. wink.png I have mixed feelings about this. The recipient of my marrow whenever it happens, will receive a new chance at a normal life, but then again my marrow is probably loaded with some funky legacies................

Congrats to your son!

Edited by Augsburger

my wife has her own guns, and is a better shot than I am.

That's great. My wife likes our Walther P22 the most, and shoots 1" ten shot groups at 7 yards with it. Better than me. I can't see the rear site anymore with monocular double vision up close, and when I shoot I'm off to the right if I try to bring the sites into focus. I had to put a laser on my Glock, S&W, Walther, and Beretta.

But she's like "been there done that" and doesn't like to practice. I just didn't want anything in the house that she couldn't shoot in a hurry, because in an emergency if the closest gun to her isn't familiar she still has to be able to make it go bang. Hence the G23. I'm jealous of those who can get their wives involved in this hobby (and self defence).

So, tonight we took our daughter to her favorite Japanese restaurant for dinner before she heads off to college in 4 days, and couldn't get her to say it was her birthday so we'd get the free photo of her with the family having a good time. Oh well. It was a nice break from the packing.