And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I was joking or failing at humor or something like that.  You do not have man hands, small or otherwise.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned that's DIY enough to qualify for kudos. I recognized the drivers, having broken at least two pairs of KSC75s and remembered Ari's suggestion.  Now just build yourself a 1/8" extension cable and the bug will take hold and soon you will be building massively expensive, horribly inefficient headphone amplifiers!

• Like 2

Getting ready to go into work for my last shift at Wally world. While the job and shift suck, the people have been really good to me, and I will miss them. There are some real and honest folks there, of the type I have not really encountered in the workforce before. People who work for next to nothing and don't complain about it. They work hard day in and day out, and just persevere. One gentleman, originally from India, has worked the graveyard shift at WalMart for 11 years, and I've never heard a complaint from him. He always has a smile for everyone, and is the hardest worker I've ever had the privilege to try to keep up with. While working there has seemed like a big step down for me, it has also been a humbling experience that I have learned a great deal from. I will leave with some great lessons and a renewed respect for people with a strong work ethic.

• Like 7

Good luck.  Gail had a great result from her LASIK surgery.  She was lucky and only needed to do one eye, which saved a lot of money.  She uses one for close up and the other for distance.  At least that is how I think it worked out.

I did the same thing with RK surgery around 1995. It's called mono-vision and it worked great. I was 20:15 in the corrected eye, and 20:40 in the un-corrected eye. At first I could read close up with the corrected eye if I strained, but as I got older I could only read up close with the untouched nearsighted eye. Now after 18 years I've developed a little astigmatism and my vision slipped to 20:25 right eye and 20:50 left eye.

The eye doctor let me try out some contact lenses that would simulate improving my left eye's close-up vision, and my right eye distance vision. With the lenses I could see everything crystal clear with my left eye from a few inches out to about 3-4 feet, but my right eye didn't kick in till about 8 feet and further, so everything in between 4 and 8 feet was blurry. Yuck.

So I'm better off now without a touch up, being able to read approx from 18" out and farther. It's mostly a problem in dim light, where I can't read a menu in a dark restaurant or read street signs on a dark street corner at night. Does Gail have those issues yet?

Great observation on humanity, Steve.....and, good luck and congrats on your last day!

This!

I think it was Steve Jobs who said something about finding meaning in his failures, but only being able to connect the dots in hindsight. And in connecting the dots in hindsight, he had found great meaning and learning in those experiences. I wish I could find the actual quote... I've found it helpful at various times in my life. In any case, kudos to you for moving on with grace and finding meaning in something you haven't liked.

Had a nice farewell conversation with my manager at Wally world. They really did make me feel welcome.

Went to Home Depot and bought a new tool belt and basic hand tools to fill it. It's so crisp and new!

Started packing clothes and stuff. Not quite as stripped down a move as from Texas to here, but still traveling pretty light. I will leave my bed and night stands (my only furniture) here until I find a permanent place to call home. Susie is worried, because she thinks packing a suitcase means I'm leaving without her. Going to go cheer her up at the dog park now. Trying to stay awake and get back to a regular schedule, where people actually sleep at night.

Feeling pretty good!

• Like 4

Good luck with the move Steve!  I am imagining the move as you, on the scooter, with your new tool belt on, a suitcase strapped to your back, and Susie in a basket on the front on the scooter.  

That would be worth a photo!

Hope the move goes smoothly and without incident Steve.  All the best!

Trade you the (N)MRI for my epic three-hour root canal, G-dawg.

Feel and look as if someone punched me in the face. With intent!

I had one of those once -- Actually, I had an initial root canal where the resin did not fill the cavity completely and I got an infection in the end of it a year later. So they had to do another root canal through the first one. Required 3 3-hour sessions spread over 6 weeks to allow for swelling to recede. To make it worse, the initial root canal was through a crown, which had been put in place when a deep filling cracked.

The one root canal I had was one of the most painful experiences of my life... she kept having to give me shots directly into the roots and it just wouldn't get numb.  Sorry Stretch. 

In the initial root canal, the dentist had to do that. At one point the numbness had completely worn off, and he accidentally touched something with the tip of the needle -- I think I jumped 3 feet out of the chair -- hands down the worst thing I have ever felt.

AV-37-1228768613.jpg