And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Had you been a creationist you'd have been prescribed an exorcism. Probably.

It's great you don't need a surgery. HLA-B27 isn't a condition by itself, but may be present on a few rheumatologic diseases. Hopefully you just have this knee inflammation and stops at that. Best wishes. 

Edited by Torpedo
  • Like 1

Wandering the streets of San Francisco looking for a good place to eat while watching this crazy early MNF game. Locals have any recommendations? The best I have so far is Kells in north beach but the guy making the recommendation is suspect.

Kells has food? Sorry, I'm usually wasted by the time I end up there. Sadly, looking up my top couple faves shows all have closed. I'll miss you Spork.

How about Foreign Cinema? Fun place in the Mission.

http://www.foreigncinema.com/

EDIT: Sorry, I missed "the game" part. The Kezar Pub (likely same as Kells) though I've eaten there. ;)

http://www.thekezarpub.com/

Edited by blessingx

Hmm, a google search (and urban spoon) on "North Beach" and "Fine Dining" uncovered this non obvious choice ...

http://www.sfweekly.com/2012-05-09/restaurants/michael-ellis-steak-strippers-north-beach/full/

"a halibut special, cooked sous-vide and then encased in crisped, papery slices of bacon"

Michelin Starred Chef? Really http://penthousesf.com/steakhouse/

Edited by Grahame

Thanks Nate. I am lucky because most of the people who are responsible for the work load issues for me are going to just have to wait until I can get to them and we can get as much overtime as we want. I am less lucky in that they somehow forget that I have to review all their work until a day before some deadline.

When I was taking out my trash & recycling to end of my driveway this morning for pickup, I found my recycling bin (by bin, I mean a big trash barrel with a town-provided "RECYCLING" sticker on it) is filled with two large trash bags full of trash that are not ours.  I've no idea where they came from or when they were put in there.  Creeps me out a bit and if it happens again, I may have to put in some cameras.  Argh.

It'd be kind of gross, but go through the trash, see if there's any identifying info (thrown out mail for example), and the next night empty it on the lawn at that address.

Was the bin outside?  We have ours in the garage until it goes out for pickup.....

Me: got my mother-in-law set up with Comcast today, her first day in her new apartment; also did a fair bit of arranging & additional unpacking.  She's nervous as hell, has literally NEVER lived far outside of New York (and is 85).  But she has space, a beautiful place, and has met two people already who invited her to afternoon tea or dinner.  I really hope this is a sign of good things to come.

Crazy ass day today.

Good thing none I know lost any close ones. I just hope they don't pin the whole thing on some unlucky foreman and overlook that this is a symptom of a system cost optimized to hell. We almost lost one of our photographers in the second collapse. The firefighters were faster than we were and they lost three good men.

1463023_557853640951266_1083093170_n.jpg

And here's our hero on the edge of his seat. The blonde in black standing straight was the photog who witnessed the second collapse. She did some shooting in an interview I was having today and we chatted for a while.

P.S. I have quite the crush on the girl to my 9 o'clock

Thanks, man! Choco shrapnel landmine cookies are the best!

Well, I'm angry that's all. Me and my pops both. He knows the kitchen in and out as he's the chief technical director of the Baltics for AECOM and currently he supervises one of the first skyscraper-like building projects here in LV. The thing is that in the recession time some wiseass thought that it would be a great idea to liquidate the State run building inspection and supervision bureau. So everything got left to private inspectors and the common MO for them was to have their names written in as many projects as they could get. In reality there was minimum supervision, because hey - nothing happened right?

I worked 5 years in construction, before I decided to abandon the loon bin and the shit I've seen... Just got an informant who's willing to rip the industry apart. I just hope that my colleagues will able to handle him well as he's a bit of a loose cannon.

The Good:

Slept almost 11 hours with a couple of waking periods.  Needed to bank some hours because I was way overdrawn.

The Bad:

It was after noon and I was going to have lunch instead of breakfast so I made an iced coffee with some 2% milk that had an expiration date of tomorrow.  I truly wish I had smelled it as a double check because when I took the first (and only) big swig of my triple shot iced latte I almost gagged on the sour milk taste.  That is no way to start your day.   >:(