And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Installed a new seat on my Aeron chair today.

I added more sit-ups to my daily exercises and my tailbone was hurting. I improved my crunch technique to minimize the impact on my butt and that didn't help.

Ordered a new seat and now that I installed it, man, what a difference!

It didn't seem like my old seat was that worn but it must've been sagging more than I thought.

Happy happy!

Back in the US in time for my (N)MRI thanks to a "a state-of-the-art General Electric GE Signa® HDe 1.5T Scanner"
p-mri.jpg

Closed scanner, but it was only my embiggened right knee they were imaging, so I went in feet first, and my head stayed outside.
Nice relaxing half hour rest while I was forced to wear some no name headphones ear protectors and listen to what sounded like bad early experimental electronic music ( but was just the magnetic coils getting exited, and relaxed :) ).

Review of the imagery first thing Monday. Lets see if we can get a better diagnosis than "non specific inflammation" I'd be happy with being pain free and a return to normal function.

...what sounded like bad early experimental electronic music ( but was just the magnetic coils getting exited, and relaxed :) ).

So true!  I told the technician when asked, "are you okay, were you alright in there?":  "Yeah, but...that music sucked.  And this is coming from someone who has listened to all of Metal Machine Music more than once."

So true!  I told the technician when asked, "are you okay, were you alright in there?":  "Yeah, but...that music sucked.  And this is coming from someone who has listened to all of Metal Machine Music more than once."

When I had an MRI they let me plug in an iPod in the control room and listen to my own music. The headphones sucked though - it was like the old airline headphones where the speaker is in the machine, and it uses a stethoscope like apparatus (air tubes) to transmit the music to your ears.

One funny bit, from my very jocular South African dentist while fitting the rubber dam to isolate the tooth.

"I'm just going to practice a bit of apartheid here, Mr. Clark, and then we'll go mining."

Would have LOLed if I'd had less shit in my maw.

Edited by Hopstretch

Recover well, Stretch.....

My dad is a dentist, and I remember one hygienist who was absolutely adorable.  One cleaning, she was chatting with me and asked if I wanted to be a dentist like my dad.  My smartass reply: "Nothing against you or the profession, but it's not my aim in life to put my hands in people's mouths and have them drool on me...."

Thankfully, she laughed, and didn't do anything nasty with those sharp instruments she had!

When I had an MRI they let me plug in an iPod in the control room and listen to my own music. The headphones sucked though - it was like the old airline headphones where the speaker is in the machine, and it uses a stethoscope like apparatus (air tubes) to transmit the music to your ears.

That's what it's been for all of my MRIs.  I assume because they can't use anything metal inside the machine, or even near it.  They literally pipe in the music from outside the room.

Three hour root canal?  That's insane, Stretch.  I think I have another one coming up in January - hope it doesn't take that long.  They are unpleasant.

Good news came to me today.  I won $500 worth of work from a screw pile foundation company.  Now, shall I start on a deck, or an outbuilding, or what?  It doesn't really feel like winning, since the only way I get to collect the prize is to spend another pile of money on the superstructure of whatever the screw piles sit underneath.

Brent - very belated hug for all you are going through.  Glad kids are good, and hope fault determination for accident goes your way.

Todd - condolences on fil's condition, but as you said, and John reinforced, when it's time, it's time.  Never easy, but life goes on.

^^^^ How so, Mike?  I find it hard to believe that John would do such a thing.  He is a pussycat.