And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Weird day today.  Bit of a story.....

My boss Brian was waiting/looking for our CIO to catch up with him today, he was involved with some vendor negotiations on a high profile project.  They just had some meetings yesterday.

Day goes on, this afternoon Brian asks me for some info on some SW licensing.  I had to gather some info up and filter out some accounts still listed in our system, but who aren't there anymore (the folks who maintain our Active Directory users don't do it well IMO).  I am going through, getting names of inactivated users, and boom - our CIO's user account is disabled.

I call him over, he IM's someone he knows who is offsite today, who is VERY surprised and doesn't know why it's disabled.  Then we check with someone else onsite, and sure enough the CIO is gone as of today.  Not being announced until tomorrow.

Big upheaval for my boss' projects, and therefore some of mine.  I think we'll go ahead with many or most, but the future is a bit weird as of now.  Not worried about losing my job (remote chance, but I suppose possible); but this could change some direction in bigger ways.

Tomorrow may be even weirder.

Edited by skullguise

Thanks gents.  

Nate: there's been a lot of executive turnover in the last couple years, so the CIO going is kind of the last item on the agenda.  Brian thought he may be gone, but not at this time and not in this way.  I and one other person are officially consultants/contractors, so we may be more tenuous on the keeping-them scale.  But we're both pretty deeply involved with projects that are important to the company.

Not worried overall one way or another about us.  Just happened to like the CIO.....

I went to the outpatient clinic because I was worried an ingrown toenail was getting infected. I have diabetes so I have to be careful with that shit.

That toenail had given me grief on and off for a year or so and I decided to play doctor and really dig in there to relieve the pain.

Duh!

Sometimes that works but this time, not so much.

So I'm sitting there with a numbed up toe and the 50 something doc is slicing and probing for just a few minutes when she says she's done.

She shows me what looks like a 1/8th inch end of a toothpick and takes delight in poking me in the hand with it to show me how sharp it was.

I can't remember ever being so relieved and happy that I finally got it taken care of.

Now, it's almost healed and I feel like sending that kooky doc some flowers!

Did I learn a lesson here?

Only time will tell.

• Like 5

I went to the outpatient clinic because I was worried an ingrown toenail was getting infected. I have diabetes so I have to be careful with that shit.

That toenail had given me grief on and off for a year or so and I decided to play doctor and really dig in there to relieve the pain.

Duh!

Sometimes that works but this time, not so much.

So I'm sitting there with a numbed up toe and the 50 something doc is slicing and probing for just a few minutes when she says she's done.

She shows me what looks like a 1/8th inch end of a toothpick and takes delight in poking me in the hand with it to show me how sharp it was.

I can't remember ever being so relieved and happy that I finally got it taken care of.

Now, it's almost healed and I feel like sending that kooky doc some flowers!

Did I learn a lesson here?

Only time will tell.

Must be a relief and a great feeling. I remember fondly the day I finally got a shard of glass out of my foot after living with it for 6 months (I had even been to the doctor and gotten x-rays and hadn't found anything).

Finally wrapped up the faux fireplace and in-wall speaker install. Catastrophic failure of a section of the lathe and plaster when cutting the hole for the right speaker left me needing a patch. Finally got it taped and mudded last weekend, and picked up some paint tonight and was able to get it painted and install the speaker grilles.

A reminder of where I started...

62fbfded9d03d771249146a0cd13dc68.jpg

In progress... For the last 3 months.

cff56eb5c13d01bd8ce8e391620ec730.jpg

And all but complete!

a5933b0bbc1a1cb47261dfeb98c8d3ea.jpg

• Like 12