Sign in to follow this  
blessingx

Tidal v. Qobuz?

Qobuz streaming officially came to the US on Valentine's Day. Anyone else giving the 30 day free trial a try? Like the background text info on releases, etc., though that can get in the way as a player occasionally. Seems to have more releases per artist, though some major artists missing in comparison in Tidal, though that could be simply my preferences. Handles high resolution (24/96-24/192) differently (no MQA). Seems to dislike using the word "album." ;) 

I dropped Tidal because I don't do enough critical listening through it and Claire had a Spotify family plan already. I might try the 30 day trial for the hell of it.

For classical and contemporary jazz Qobuz have more assortment and don't dare call the damn MQA master quality, they just don't have it. Tidal recommendations algorithm seems to be better centered, but it doesn't work when playing with Audirvana. Overall I think I like Qobuz better, but none has all the music that at times I'm looking for.

Oh, yay. I can now enjoy snake oil on the go!

IMG_0089.thumb.jpeg.957cf5c9837571aa5821c62c70e8dbc9.jpeg

• Haha 1

I subscribe to Apple Music through the college sub, and I have the hifi sub  to Tidal. I love Tidal, snake oil or no. High Rez is something I've double-blinded (if you knew me, TMoney, you would know about my double-blind experiments; it's a big part of what Head-Case was founded on), and it is demonstrably better. It may just be the mastering, but better mastering in high res is better than worse mastering in not.  No?

Edited by EdipisReks1