Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black edition. I don't play games really (yet), but Hulu I suppose will look really nice now.

I don't play games either, which is why I went for the 4550. Plus, it is passively cooled, which is nice.

Just bought some airplane tickets.

I don't play games either, which is why I went for the 4550. Plus, it is passively cooled, which is nice.

Just bought some airplane tickets.

I was tempted by the 5450 which is even slower I believe then the 4550 for both that reason and the bitstreaming of DTS and True HD, but couldn't justify upgrading my oldish 3450 card I put in when I first built my PC since I don't really need that ability and my PC sits between 35-45 dB already I estimate. I jumped on this in case I actually get a craving for need for speed or something, never know if I'll get bored in the summer or something and if I decide to sell it in the future. The double lifetime transferable warranty is nice.

a new butcher board. despite being saturated in oil and sealed in wax, my existing board cracked over night. it was an end-grain birch butcher board that i got for $7 on closeout from Ikea 3 years ago, and subsequently finished (man was it rough), so i guess i got my money's worth. it was the very last one, and it had a knot running all the way through one of the outer blocks, a flaw i'd been eyeing since i bought it. wish i'd been able to pick and choose. that's of course where it cracked. it had gotten wetter this past week than it had in a while, though i dried it correctly, and it was freshly oiled and waxed. i might have a friend with a wood shop cut off a couple rows of blocks so that i can replace the narrower bamboo board (that i loathe) across from my island on the countertop. i think i made out all right with the board on eBay. maybe it'll last until the 18x24 mahogany butcher block here goes back in stock. alder is supposed to be a good board material.

Hawt!!! I may buy one of his. Advice? How important is it to get a solid block?

Edited by shellylh

Shelly, please ignore what I am about to post-----

those look awesome and would look great in any kitchen. I want one but my Obsessive Japanese chef knife buyer support group sponsor is trying to talk me down from buying the twelve different chef knives we have found the last two days.