Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, n_maher said:

iOS 11 has crippled my iPhone 6 Plus to the point where it's painful to use.  11.1 is slightly better but with the joy-joy add of draining the battery in about 6 hours. Not exactly looking to upgrade the phone right now but this sucks.

Same here, it really screwed it up. And I am not upgrading either. For some reason the bluetooth connectivity on my phone really dropped. Battery life is ridiculous as well on my phone.

iOS 11 has crippled my iPhone 6 Plus to the point where it's painful to use.  11.1 is slightly better but with the joy-joy add of draining the battery in about 6 hours. Not exactly looking to upgrade the phone right now but this sucks.

My 6+ was fine on 11, but Debbie’s 6 has gone totally to shit. Slow, connectivity issues. I got my X yesterday and everything is very snappy. And so much smaller than the + models. Debbie has already decided to get an X ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I guess there's some comfort to be had in knowing that it's not only me.  Really, it's just frustrating to think that it was exactly this issue that pushed me away from the iPhone many years ago (had a 3G).  It's like one day it was a great phone and the next day it was like a phone from 4 years ago, when cameras took 10 seconds to open and had horrible shutter lag and apps were buggy and crashed and the battery life sucked...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think my phone has been hacked but every version of iOS 11 has made it substantially worse.  Final straw may have been 11.1.1 which rendered the battery life as catastrophically bad with a side of instability thrown in for good measure.  

Example #1: went out for a MTB ride this weekend.  Started the ride w/ 55% battery, rode for about 35 minutes and had been tracking the ride via Strava.  Stopped to take a picture, noted that the battery had dropped to the mid 40's which is a fast drop rate, but not the worst I'd seen lately.  Snapped one pic, decided to take another at which point the phone shut off.  Like all the way off.  Wouldn't reboot, restart, etc.  Got pissed, chucked it back in the bag, finished the ride.  Got home, phone tried to power on and told me that it had 0% battery (just flashed the battery/plug-me-in icon on the screen).  Plugged in the phone, booted up with 4% battery.  So basically using the GPS and one app nuke 50+% of the battery in a little over a half hour.  I'm surprised it didn't catch fire.

Example #2: Just to show Ian how bad this was at work today I charged the phone to 100% (it dropped 20% on the way to work just listening to podcasts) and then proceeded to lightly use the phone for approximately 40 minutes, mostly just browsing the web and sending a couple text messages.  It dropped 30% during those 40 minutes.

So tonight I'm giving it one last go, wiping the phone and doing a hard restore of 11.1.1 through iTunes which is allegedly the most complete flushing you can do of the phone's OS.  Here's to hoping.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've been pretty happy with my 7 since I got it this summer. It is still on 10 and apple's updates seem intent on slamming me to 11. I can't find where it has downloaded or anything, but am getting really annoyed with a screen popping up saying I need to update and giving me the options of later (as in tonight), etc. but no option for leave me the fuck alone :) Or Manually.
This Apple isn't the one I started with, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was nearly a year overdue on upgrading from the old 6+, and it was fuuuucked up. Horrible battery and iOS update crippled it very similar to what Nate described above. 

So now I’m posting from my 8+. I have 14 days to switch to X if I really want but I doubt I will. I’m used to this screen and general design and will probably have it through 2021. Or until Apple cripples it on purpose. 

• Like 3