Deals

Dusty Chalk

Anyone lookin' for a micro 4/3rds... the prices on the old models keep dropping.

Olympus E-PL1 12MP Digital Camera w/lens $474 - dealmac.com

That seems like a pretty good deal, and the NYT just recently rated that camera their favorite in the current crop of micro 4/3rds options. I also think that is the current model for Olympus based on that article but I have not looked it up.

I was looking at the Shun Ken Onion knives today. I'm holding until after vacation to make a purchase. Reks, you like? I didn't see this Woot deal. I could use that 9" for slicing brisket and turkey and the price looks good.

Edited by tyrion

Also not a fan (of serrated). I cannot get my husband to stop tearing up the meat with serrated knives. I think I should throw them all away at some time. Wish I had better knives in the house.... just a bunch of various Chicago Cutlery Santoku knives mostly. :'( I should look into getting some new ones.

Shelly, Chicago Cutlery knives have a very soft blade which makes them easy to sharpen. I can put a hair shaving edge on them in less than fifteen minutes with a little practice so could you. The CC edge only lasts a couple of weeks but putting a new edge on them is pretty easy. Having said that, I rarely use the CCs myself they are for guests. Most of our guests use nothing sharper than an off the shelf Henckels and I am afraid they would cut off a digit trying to use my Japanese gyuto or even the Shun.

Reks, don't you use serrated knives for cutting rolls or bagels?

These = Hattori FH, obviously Greg. :D Seriously, I guess the FH-6 (Gyuto 210mm, Cutting edge length: 210mm Total Length: 340mm Blade Thickness: 2mm Total Weight: 175g) might be better for me since I am used to a smaller knife.

Edited by shellylh