And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

A 20mm leather strap and metal end links from Hong Kong, for my GMT Master.  They look like the real thing, and weren't all that cheap, so I have high hopes, as I plan on refinishing my GMT bracelet myself (I've done it before, and I have the right grits), and I want to relieve my Rolex of some metal wear.

If I didn't know any better this all sounds very S&Mish.

A 20mm leather strap and metal end links from Hong Kong, for my GMT Master.  They look like the real thing, and weren't all that cheap, so I have high hopes, as I plan on refinishing my GMT bracelet myself (I've done it before, and I have the right grits), and I want to relieve my Rolex of some metal wear.

It's silly, but I don't like the idea of a developing a faded "Coke" bezel on my pristine GMT Master II, so I'm afraid to wear it out in the sunlight.  Do you ever feel like protecting the GMT Master and keeping it in the safe like the "crown jewels", and then instead of using replica end-lnks actually wearing a complete replica with swiss ETA movement? 

I tend to only wear mine indoors or when going out to dinner at night.  And, I put clear packing tape on the bracelet clasp to prevent desk diving swirlies, but then the half-peeled off tape looks trashier than the tiny scratches.  Yeah, I've got issues...

From a Cheers episode.

[sam is interviewing potential buyers for his Corvette]

Sam Malone: This'll be pretty simple, here. Just a few multiple choice questions.

Dennis Hammill: Great. Shoot.

Sam Malone: Number one. It's high noon. You're driving in Harvard Square. Parking is limited. Do you: A. park in a handicap zone. B. park in a regular spot under a tree. C. drive around till a space opens up.

Dennis Hammill: C.

Sam Malone: [rants] What, are you nuts? I can't believe it, man. It's a trick question. You don't drive this baby at high noon, man. Sun damage, bucko. What the hell's wrong with you? What do you want to do, oxydize the paint? Get out of here, you make me sick. I can't believe it, he wants to drive my car, high noon in Harvard Square...

Edited by Salt Peanuts
  • Like 4

Had to call Sprint to get my phone re-provisioned. My account had forgotten how to accept incoming calls. Just refreshing from my end wouldn't do it.

Thing is, it had been out of whack for over a week before I noticed. Most people just text nowadays.

Gotta give props to Sprints customer service. After 60 seconds of nonsense about how track the shipping on an iPhone, the human answered on the third ring and fixed my phone with no fuss. A few years ago, their customer service blew. It's shocking to see a corporation actually fix something like that.

• Like 1

Applied for a job.  If it works out, I'd love to get back into working in a sciencey field like I studied in school.  It looks like a good fit for me at this stage of my career.  Working full-time, though, I don't know.  That's for suckers.

FTFY! ;)

Good luck!

Edited by guzziguy
  • Like 1

Yes, thoughts and prayers indeed.  Heard that, due to elevation, winds even worse.

My brother-in-law got out, he was there on business and wasn't scheduled originally to leave until this coming Thursday.  All flights booked, but after many trials/calls, he got on a cancellation for a Boston flight, then home to NY.