And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Keep at it Brent!

Congrats to Vicki for gaining round on the body fat pincers. Scary things, those.

And for Shelly, this from Dr Jeff Masters blog (which is required reading for South Floridians this time of year) Rainy light at the end of the tunnel, perhaps):

The mercury hit 109°F (42.8°C) yesterday at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport, tying September 4, 2000 as the hottest day in the city's history. Yesterday was the also the hottest August day on record in Houston, besting the 108°F reading of August 18, 1909. This year, Houston has set its record for all-time hottest temperature, most 100° days in a year (36, old record was 32, and 4 is normal), and most consecutive 100° days (24, old record was 14.) Weather records in Houston go back to 1889. Houston needs 20.18" of rain to get to normal levels of rainfall for the year. Today's high is predicted to be 107°F in Houston, so yesterday's record may be in danger of being broken today. By the end of the week, Houston is expected to cool down below 100°, and a weather pattern conducive for bringing summer rains will move in

if you need some G5 parts, i can probably get them for you. my former boss has a bunch of G5s sitting in storage.

Thanks Reks. The fix only lasted a couple of hours, so out with the logic board, maybe sometime this week. If I can't fix it, I may want to talk to you, but I don't really want to put much money into this thing. I'm starting to remind myself of Spicoli...

http://youtu.be/A5cneCgNA9U

Edited by Pars

It's tough weaning off these meds... I find myself wanting to reach for the morphine, especially. Took it last night, but I'm going to give it a shot today of going without it. I have a follow up with my PCP tomorrow, but if I didn't mention, it's still over 2 weeks before I see the surgeon again, even though initially he wanted to see me after 2 weeks.

The feeling continues to return, slowly, but now my feet are numb and tingly to some respect. Still worrisome.

Well he probably hasn't healed enough to do that yet. tongue.png

:palm:

No comment.

**BRENT**

Drove up to Chicago. Picked up some granite. Met Chris(Pars) and had a nice lunch and some excellent conversation. Also picked up his Pedja Rogic DAC for an inhome listen (thanks again Chris). Did a bit of shopping to restock the liquor cabinet at Binnys. Then drove back to Charleston. Now chilling.

DO NOT put said granite in new planer! :)

Now you tell me. :palm:

BTW, thanks for your previous comment about the planer. I must have gone back and forth between the Ridgid and the Dewalt for 2 hours. I finally picked the Ridgid because I liked the color better :D glad to know there were better reasons.

Sounds like a good day Jim -- and Chris -- and I look forward to seeing what you concoct from that Binnys run!

It was a good but tiring day. Should have something in other threads shortly.