Wmcmanus

RIP someone or another

I know next to nothing of the Buddhist faith, but now have a rather loose connection to one of their spiritual leaders who passed away today (it's not even in the news yet).  Her sister is an active member at ClausNet (a Mrs. Claus type whose husband is also a member).  She let me know of her sister's passing via a private message this morning.

RIP, Venerable Karuna Dharma. http://www.karunadharma.info/

That totally sucks.  I didn't know about his freakish disease.  Harold Ramis practically wrote my teens/twenties, and directed or starred in some of the best ones to:  Animal House / Caddyshack / SCTV / Stripes / Ghostbusters / Groundhog Day / etc.

RIP Dr. Spengler

Groundhog Day is one of my favorites. He had a very minor role in As Good As It Gets but I also really liked his casting.

And he was super nice and a true Chicagoan. Quite a shame. :(

That totally sucks.  I didn't know about his freakish disease.  Harold Ramis practically wrote my teens/twenties, and directed or starred in some of the best ones to:  Animal House / Caddyshack / SCTV / Stripes / Ghostbusters / Groundhog Day / etc.

RIP Dr. Spengler

This....RIP

Yup, I go all the way back to SCTV, too.  The world just got a little less comedic.  I has a sad.  RIP, you should be proud of the legacy you left behind.