RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

On 12/1/2016 at 3:51 PM, guzziguy said:

RIP Rugby.

Indeed it's difficult.  Last June, I had to put down Gringo,  the remaining cat I inherited from my marriage.  It hurt so much I was never able to post about it.

RIP good buddy...

This past may I lost the last of 5 cats that I had kept together from birth to death since 1997.  I had him for 19 years!  Longer than my kids have been alive.  It's a gut shot indeed

• Like 5

I went to the funeral of an old friend today. He had something sudden and catastrophic happen to his heart last week. We weren't really close or anything, but it's a small town and we've been in the same circle of friends for 25 years or so, so it's still a shock. He was 42, single, no kids, he was a passionate artist and all-around excellent dude. He went in to business, built an amazing greenhouse featuring weird edible cultivars and novel hybrids as well as the standard (garden variety?) bedding plants. It was always a treat to visit him. He never had regular hours - he was just open if he was there, and closed if he wasn't.

We called him JK, and we're going to miss him a lot.

• Like 1