Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

One of the nicest things about working at the Apple Store is that you need manager approval to buy anything. Aside from an Airport Extreme I purchased as a replacement for an old, dead Airport Extreme, I've not bought anything that plugs in in months.

That is, until I bought the Apogee One...

one-gallery8_lg.jpg

One of the nicest things about working at the Apple Store is that you need manager approval to buy anything. Aside from an Airport Extreme I purchased as a replacement for an old, dead Airport Extreme, I've not bought anything that plugs in in months.

That is, until I bought the Apogee One...

Is it true that these hiss with JH13Pro?

Justin, I'll be needing new etched tags for Suzy's collar. smile.png

i need stuff to practice on. send me stuff.

also, it is simply ridiculous what people are willing to sell laser marked pet tags for. like $1.95! i can get anodized tags for 30-60 cents a piece depending on the style, and MAYBE someone could handle 5 or 6 orders per hour if you include time spent processing & shipping. and the cheapest machines out there are around $10k.

Edited by justin

i need stuff to practice on. send me stuff.

also, it is simply ridiculous what people are willing to sell laser marked pet tags for. like $1.95! i can get anodized tags for 30-60 cents a piece depending on the style, and MAYBE someone could handle 5 or 6 orders per hour if you include time spent processing & shipping. and the cheapest machines out there are around $10k.

Justin, this is probably obvious to everyone else but me, but what sort of things can this it do and what are you planning to do specifically?

Justin, this is probably obvious to everyone else but me, but what sort of things can this it do and what are you planning to do specifically?

right now, laser engrave my own parts. it's a demo unit of the 15W model here: http://rmilaser.net/...s-1064nm-ndyv04

do i really need this, as in will it pay off? right now, no, not by typical ways of looking at investments. if i double the amount of laser engraving that i do, which i should as i introduce new models and phase out the older silkscreened ones, then maybe it will. i can also add personalized engravings or start a 2nd business for engraving outside work, which may be difficult as i would have to hire & train someone, and also this machine can't do glass or wood, and engraving very large parts would be hard.

on the plus side, i dont have to worry about a vendor screwing up this part of the process (Head-F1) and making it extremely difficult to fix. it will also take a couple weeks off of the duration of parts going through the vendor supply chain.

to date i have spent $10,500 engraving the front/back panels of the Pico (does not count Pico Slim). The 45 BHSEs that are about to be done would be $3,870 + shipping both ways (and time to package them) for engraving. This is well above market rate IMO, but they know the quality I expect and are charging me for it. I'm confident I can get results just as good on my own, as I did receive samples of parts marked by this machine. so, with the BHSE order about to happen, i pulled the trigger on the laser engraver

Edited by justin