What did you do today?

riceboy

No they're okay, and I got finished cleaning everything up just in time for a new wave of storms to flood everything all over again, twice as bad. Could be worse though, in other areas around here houses are submerged, roads collapsing, bridges washing out, etc.

Damn, sorry to hear that. We could use some of that rain down here.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they're okay, and I got finished cleaning everything up just in time for a new wave of storms to flood everything all over again, twice as bad. Could be worse though, in other areas around here houses are submerged, roads collapsing, bridges washing out, etc.

It's Mother Nature's solution to the Atlanta traffic problem.

Sorry to hear that, and sorry for your neighbors. Floods suck; try to stay dry and above water!

Left work early to go to the local bank to do a international wire transfer to be told that the cut-off was 3pm (crock of shit) and that I'd need to come back tomorrow. Phoned Wachovia customer service and clarified that the cut off was 5:30 if I wanted same day and 9pm if I didn't care if it happened tomorrow (a fact I made clear to the rude person at the bank). I then filed a formal complaint which I hope doesn't disappear into the system. I hope at least the customer service woman at the branch gets a talking to by her manager.

:chair:

I hate idiots who don't know common courtesy and happen to have jobs that require it. I was threatened to be kicked off the plane by some jackass flight attendant who was moving my stuff all over the place in the compartments without any prior warning. I asked if I could file some sort of complaint but the other workers just asked me why I would do that and then pretty much just told me to sit down and be quiet. No apology whatsoever.

It's some sort inverse-Darwinian worker selection scheme to mess with people who just want to goods and services they paid for without any drama.

Got a call from the bank today. It seems some piece of shit script kiddie breached one of my credit cards. That would be the same credit card that I had to cancel and replace not more than two months ago because the bank itself managed to let about a gillion accounts get compromised.

OK. That's annoying. But the lady in the fraud department was one of those people who confuse numbers - who think one number and say another. What pointy-haired genius decided that the person who can't associate numbers and the words for them should work in a credit card department, on the freaking phone! I was on the phone for an hour. I tried my best to confirm and re-confirm everything I said, but if your credit card is a couple of digits off mine and stops working today..........