And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Took apart one driver of the HD25-II with a kitchen knife and nail clippers, because I had a suspicion that some crud in the connector is responsible for signal loss when moving the jack. So far so good. However when I replaced one of the springs that provide the connection I caught the small wire that goes to the voice coil... Luckily it broke just at the solder point. I was contemplating about heating the knife up on a stove for some field soldering but then I remembered that I still haven't got anything conductive that I could melt for soldering. Besides snow, that is.

So bread and pastries it is, tomorrow.

These are back amongst the living... :)

Got my stitches out but have to wait one more week before going in a pool or taking a bath. No longer have to wear the hip brace I was wearing! Also got the ok to start weaning off the crutches. :)

Rode the stationary bike for 2 miles using *both* legs (although still on resistance 1). Kinda sad that the muscles in my right=surgery leg are actually a little sore from that. Also sad that I only burned 36 calories.

This is what the PA told me today when I asked her how far she thought I would be able to walk when I got off the crutches completely. Specifically, she reminded me that I was 2 weeks into a 6 month rehabilitation program. :( That made me sad. She did say that I was doing really great though and my walked looked more like a person around 4 weeks rather than 2 weeks. I guess all the physical therapy is paying off. :)

Got my stitches out but have to wait one more week before going in a pool or taking a bath. No longer have to wear the hip brace I was wearing! Also got the ok to start weaning off the crutches. smile.png

Rode the stationary bike for 2 miles using *both* legs (although still on resistance 1). Kinda sad that the muscles in my right=surgery leg are actually a little sore from that. Also sad that I only burned 36 calories.

Stupid ass cliche in 3... 2... 1....

Don't try to run before you can walk.

But as Al said, good job on the progress and you'll get to where you want to be.

Congrats on the progress Shelly!

Yesterday I booked a trip out to Michigan for work to meet with the Prof I will be working on some statistics and prediction papers with. Much to my surprise my customer thinks that the work is worth funding and is paying. I hope this is fun as I basically get to rant about stupid things I've seen people do and ask questions and then the two students go off and answer the questions/confirm/refute my positions yet I don't have to pay for anything.

Today I found more stupid errors in the code I work on day to day. It's always nice to see people entirely disregard specification documents that other people spent months validating. They make me want to punch things.

Finally had a long talk with my wife and I think rather than buy a new larger vehicle for the 2 or 3 times a year that my or her family is in town and want to go to the lake house we are going to keep our paid off cars and rent a minivan when needed. This will of course give me an excuse to finally get a roof rack for our Civic but will save us a crapload over a new Honda Odyssey. We'll re-evaluate in a year or two.

One plus also is this may free up money for a boat for fishing at the lake house instead evil.gif

Edited by Dreadhead

Last night I attended the retirement party thrown for my Dad by his law firm. Very nicely done with a bunch of his close friends and a lot of colleagues and clients going way back. It's always interesting to me to see the "work" side of my father because he was always pretty good about keeping that somewhat separate from home life (which I have later learned was quite a feat through my own experience). It was a bittersweet event because I know he will miss practicing law regularly. But I am also very proud of and humbled by his many accomplishments and I am very pleased that he gets to kick back and relax a bit now. I'm planning to bring him to a NY Meet again because my mother will kill him quickly unless we get him a few more hobbies.

Given that its job it to be a server, No OC == Stock HSF. No power hungry graphics card == less heat, power. More left for the Hard drives that will live there :) . The HD2000 built in graphics on the i5 can drive HDMI , allowing me to use my existing desktop monitor via another input if I don't want to RDP in via a laptop.

But yeah, SLI, and OC on air FTW. Maybe I can hold out for ivy bridge for the desktop / gaming rig refresh ...