And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Cool pictures guys.

I don't know about gators, but snakes don't go out of their way to attack humans like movies would lead you to believe.

When I was a kid in Georgia, I used to run around in a patch of zudzu vines sometimes.

One year, my dad caught a bunch of Copperheads in that patch to sell to some lab. He filled a 55 gal drum about 1/4 of the way in just a couple of days!

In my kid-bliss, I'd never even seen one there.

• Like 1

I've had Frantoia, and it's very good, but I think Halutza is on another level, if you can find it.  Desert climates really ratchet up flavor density in fruit, and while much of Italy is semi-arid, it doesn't quite do what the desert in Israel does.  Of course, ratcheting up the flavor density in fruit isn't always a good thing (I've had a few really weird wines from Israel and Lebanon, though also a few rather nice ones), it works nicely for olives.

I'll look for it.

Started the morning with no power.  Received 4.9 inches of rain between 5:00 a.m - 8:00 a.m. at home and 5.63 inches at the office. Many new streams and small lakes across local road ways on the way into work this morning.  Crazy detours to get to the office.

Between the April flooding and this storm, it has been a very wet year.

I've had Frantoia, and it's very good, but I think Halutza is on another level, if you can find it.  Desert climates really ratchet up flavor density in fruit, and while much of Italy is semi-arid, it doesn't quite do what the desert in Israel does.  Of course, ratcheting up the flavor density in fruit isn't always a good thing (I've had a few really weird wines from Israel and Lebanon, though also a few rather nice ones), it works nicely for olives.

For those interested, you can buy their organic version at Amazon.  It's just a bit pricey. ;)

Or you can buy the non-organic version at Zabar's for a more reasonable price.