And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Just returned from a regional fencing tournament held at Cal Tech in Pasadena.   Three and a half hours in a gym with no air conditioning, temperature in the gym is 90 degrees with what must have been 80 percent humidity.

The drive back through the valley was a pleasant-

20140913_135402_zpse24f56a8.jpg

I can't decide if I should drink a nice Sauvignon Blanc, shoot heroin, or just butt chug grain alcohol.

• Like 3

I intended to spend the day cleaning up the yard, taking garbage to the dump, and entertaining the kids.  Instead, the cattle broke out and headed for the hills, so I spent ~3 hours wrangling them back into the right pasture.  We have a new rent-a-bull, and he's the strangest thing.  The dogs and I were pushing the herd forward, as we do, and the fucking bull was at the front of the herd, going back and forth, putting his head down and chasing the goddamned cows back toward us.  He did that the entire fucking time, so it was always two steps forward, one step back, even with three good herding dogs working with me.  Anyway, it was fine.  The weather was nice, the cattle took me on a nice walk through some parts of our land I haven't visited in awhile, and I got some exercise.  I wish I knew my mushrooms, because we have never had so many coming up as we do right now.

Edited by acidbasement
  • Like 4

Went to my twin niece's & nephew's B'Nail Mitzvah's yesterday, very nice to see some extended family.  Got lots of updates, and "lowdates" on an uncle not in good health, and some nasty family in-fighting with some not-seen-often relatives.  Sad.....

My son was chatting with me as we picked up the car, he says, "Dad....don't tell this to mom....I got a girl's phone number at the party...."  

Apparently she was one of the cuter girls according to Andrew (I don't know who she is/was), but they'd been texting a bit even while at the party.  Unfortunately, she's in the town where my sister lives, a good 45+ minutes away.  Andrew has had more "friends" who are girls in the last couple years, but this seems to be the first real interest.  And so it starts.....!

• Like 7

Rock on!  Might suggest to him to find out if they're related, though, considering the circumstances...

Went to Adventure Aquarium, saw hippos and penguins (my friend took a picture and posted, "I bet the Caps could beat these Pens") and sharks and stingrays and fish and seahorses and jellyfish and even scuba divers were on display.

Drove back.

• Like 1

^^^ I still love the aquarium....think that's something I'll never outgrow.....sounds like a nice time.

And they aren't related.  All the other kids that were there friends, not family.  Just realized that I need to talk to him more about sexting now, though  :blink:   We did that last year when he got his Smartphone, but not since.....

• Like 1

I got mentioned on Facebook by Seanan McGuire.  w00t!  Of course, that comment was:

Thhhppppt.

Still, she speaks to me like no-one else does.

Packing.  Dusty, wanna help me carry some boxes today?  I swear there are less steps than last time.

I'd be happy to, anything other than what I was planning on doing today (clean my apartment).  Plus, I could definitely use the exercise.  Fly me out there?  Your treat...

Got a signed purchase and sales (pending financing) on our condo and after getting pre-approved last week. Now we're just staff wrapping up some loose ends before putting an offer on a place we looked at yesterday.

Excited and terrified at the same time. But with the addition of our little bundle of energy and Lauren growing her business, we're just out of room, despite loving our loft and its location.

• Like 8