And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I only ever post in this thread to complain.

Today I disturbed a bee's nest with my weed whacker.  I found that I, as a paunchy and out of shape 40something, can run a fuck of a lot faster than I thought I could while carrying a fairly heavy piece of power equipment and screaming "OH SHIT! OH SHIT!" at the top of my lungs.  Neighbors will continue to think I'm insane, I imagine.

I'm actually quite lucky. I only got stung 3-4 times, and I'm not allergic to bee stings.  Still hurts like and MFer, though.  

I have to keep working in that area of the property, so I went out later and surveyed the area.  I know basically where the nest is, so I can avoid it in the future.

• Like 2

Video of a run we did on the Blue Ridge Parkway today. Low clouds, rain and unfamiliar road kept me from pushing too hard, but Debbie and I (and the GTI) enjoyed it a lot.

Shot on Debbie's iPhone 6 hand held. Forgive the couple of thumb intrusions.

https://vimeo.com/140013072

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Resurrected a 1.5 year old last used eBay account which led to the linked almost 2 year last used Yahoo account. Feeling giddy, and finally accepting I lost this battle with civilization, signed onto my Facebook account for the first time in nearly 7 years. Still seems horrible. Someone tell me it got better over the years?

EDIT: Fun calculations with little/no recent data...

bcc2718d624b2dca493729d46c5e3c59.jpg

It is fleet week this week here in SF so my Dad and I went to tour the ships.

In town were the USS Coronado, the USS Cape St. George and the USS Stockdale.

The lines were very long, so we limited our visit to just the USS Coronado. It is the newest ship in the navy.

I really wish we had more time to see the other ships.

The Navy has some seriously impressive hardware.

--

Shots of Coronado.

VVp8MOXl.jpg

Tp1vM38l.jpg

The Coronado has a massive "mission bay" that allows it to load different modules and configurations for many different types of missions.

4KBmrnRl.jpg

The Coronado is made out of aluminum rather than steel so most of the walls are lined with flame resistant foil.

5JAWm4jl.jpg

The view out of the helicopter hanger, one deck up from the mission bay.

RQGDdJPl.jpg

Looking over at Cape St. George and Stockdale from the flight deck of Coronado.

ueMdH2Jl.jpg

The Coronado's bridge is SERIOUSLY impressive and futuristic. Each station has triple flat screen monitors and a joystick for control.

xpKQkD7l.jpg

JaiXBowl.jpg

lBbYdQol.jpg

EhGj849l.jpg

Captain's seat.

7bKtbfml.jpg

Another shot of Cape St. George.

T6wDByZl.jpg

And finally one more of Stockdale.

--

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

• Like 1

Went to Thanksgiving dinner at a local back road community hall a few miles from my house. Ended up as president of said hall's board. It's really beat up and needs a lot of work, but I've got big plans to turn it around and get it fixed up, and market it so that it'll get used. It's a great sounding room to play music in.

feada0608fd62c726a82747919a6fd9a.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks Al.  It would be better if I had some idea of what it was.

Had something similar a year ago. It was awful -- had a million tests done, including an MRI of my head. Nothing turned up. Doctor said in the end he thought it was a virus or some sort. Hope you feel better quickly, but take the time to do so. School's not that interesting.

We went for a drive around western CT and MA to see the leaves, and met up with family for some dinner. It felt very New England.

• Like 2