And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Good luck with the continued travels Dan.  Brent, think you're just going through biscuit withdrawal....

Me: had a great day with Andrew visiting Quinnipiac University.  Beautiful campus, we got some good time in with one of the senior professors for Computer Science/Engineering, and saw a bunch of the classes & dorms.

Originally thinking this would be a "safe" school for him, but their CompSci program seems quite good for a lesser-name school.  The size and class sizes are great for him, too.  And lastly, it's a decent distance but not too far away at all (~2.5 hour drive).  He even said "I could see myself here."

Stopped on the way home to pick up some Jewish Soul Food at Rein's Deli in Vernon CT, and the boy and I had chicken soup, latkes, and meat knsihes for dinner.

A very nice day indeed....

• Like 4

Switched from summer to winter bedding (i.e. cotton sheets replaced by flannel sheets).  We are having "desert weather".  The day starts with morning patchy frosts and warms up to the high 60's to high 70's.  Then the temp drops fast when the sun goes down.  Two or maybe three weeks ago the nighttime low was in the low 60's.  Fall has finally arrived.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreadhead said:

Yesterday I fixed our gas hot water heater at the lake house by replacing the thermocouple. I would have had a professional do it but it was the first day of hunting season and couldn't find anyone. $200 saved.

Nice, Chris.  After having this done twice for us, I ended up replacing ours 3 times myself.  Eventually a new furnace, but thankfully we didn't need to rush into it and found a great deal.

Replaced the door latch in my wife's Honda. Door would not open; this was a fun job getting the door panel off without damage while the door was shut, but with my youngest son's help, we got it done. No drilling/cutting necessary. Found the right pin to actuate on the old latch to get it to release and get the door open, then replaced the latch. All is well now.

Would have run around $800 at the dealership, and they would probably have drilled it out.

Edited by Pars
couldn't reply with text initially
  • Like 3

Defrosted from my trip to Indiana.  The game was exciting and fun because the Irish won but damn you guys have cold weather.

Next year I am wearing socks with my flip flops.

Actually, we were all just saying how warm it's been! [emoji6]

And gotta say, the Irish have been impressive, especially in light of the injury to QB!