What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brent, that was a waking nightmare I am sure and very happy to hear it turned out fine. Take it easy this weekend.

Steve, I am so sorry to hear about Fred but it sounds like it happened about as well as you could hope. You take it easy this weekend, too.

Rest in peace Fred, and thanks for being such a good buddy to Steve.

Sorry to hear about your loss Steve. Losing Buddy will take time to get used to his loss. :(

Brent, that truly is a parent's nightmare, glad it turned out OK. Perhaps you can work something out with the school's administration to have them call you if any of your children don't show up for school and you call them if one of your children cannot attend due to illness.

If you want to call a three month old baby screaming/crying while you try to get to the next exit or rest area ( so you can calm her down), which is at least 20 minutes away because you're driving through Maine fun, then sure, it was fun.

Heh - we took our son to Australia when he was a few months old. Now imagine what you've just experienced for pretty much 24 hours solid on a full 747. We were sitting next to a couple whose kid had projectile vomit. We've been good friends ever since - friends made in common adversity.

Fast forwarding 25 years, he is a great fella - living with his partner of 9 years (Helen), and phones in maybe three times a week for a chat. Couldn't wish for more - parental job well done :D

Steve -- :( Really sorry to hear that, but -- if I can say this -- be glad that his suffering is at an end, and it wasn't long and drawn out (I know it may seem like it is now, but I hear stories of much longer). I know that was probably your biggest concern when you decided not to end it for him, so hopefully you'll see that the transition from a positive quality of life was a quick one...eventually.

Hugs. Srsly.

Sorry to hear about Fred, Steve. Take it easy.

My grandma has been living with us these past few months and things have steadily gotten worse, for some reason. Yesterday she fell down three times, one of which she scraped her hand and started bleeding. She is diabetic, physically quite frail, and usually not quite right in her mind, and she behaves like a selfish 5 year old much of the time (doesn't really listen to what anyone says, demands people do things for her, doesn't care about anyone but herself, needs constant attention). Half the time she says something it either comes out as incoherent babbling or speaking in some language/dialect I don't know. It's very frustrating for the whole family.

If you want to call a three month old baby screaming/crying while you try to get to the next exit or rest area ( so you can calm her down), which is at least 20 minutes away because you're driving through Maine fun, then sure, it was fun.

I remember the infant days well! Typically each trip had one incident to remember the trip by. There was the 'blow out poop in the restaurant trip', the 'raging fever the night before we leave' trip,etc ... On the plus side, most of the incidents were caused by my son, rarely my daughter. Maybe you'll have good luck with your child ?!

Steve, really sorry for your loss. I've lost several pets in my lifetime, and I still remember each and every one dearly. Over time, the sting was lessened, and the fond memories more prominent. I wish the same for you.

Steve, really sorry for your loss. I've lost several pets in my lifetime, and I still remember each and every one dearly. Over time, the sting was lessened, and the fond memories more prominent. I wish the same for you.

Too right. Ben, Abigail, Sadie, Tipsy, Pickle. Three lived to a ripe old age, and two were victims of cars. Current cat Cleo is in rude good health.

Just catching up, a lot of bad days were had yesterday. My condolences on your loss Steve and my sincere sigh of relief on what was lost but found Brent. I do not look forward to that ever happening to me if it does, hope time helps handle your wounds.

My internet will be a bit slow until at least the end of August. Finally got rid of Road Runner, looking forward to U-verse.