And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I drank a lot of beer I made, went out for lunch and dinner, hung out with a lot of old friends, and all in all had a great birthday.

After Midnight (so not technically my birthday) I got some news that a good friend of mine, a 26 year old girl going through an ugly and unexpected divorce, was diagnosed with what appears to be serious ovarian cancer. Thankfully, this cancer puts a known (if hideous) face on some medical problems she's been going through. Unthankfully it also proves that life is a fickle bitch, and not to be trusted.

Every indication is that she's going to come out the other side of this thing healthier and happier, but it's a lot to swallow for a young girl working part time for a chiropractor and living in her parents basement while waiting for a job that will provide her insurance and a stable income to help her pay off a house she can't visit or live in.

Yuck.

Came home from work early to work on my yard. Moved my recently drained hot tub to a new spot that I prepped with sand and filled the old spot with a couple hundred pounds of stone. Filled it half full and then realized the safety lock straps weren't installed :palm: Emptied it and put the straps on. Filled it again.

Yard looks awesome.

That would not be such a great idea once it rains.

Agreed.

I failed to fully explain the idea, which is indeed on the crazy side. If the user does need a ten foot tall or so roof he or she could dig and on the outside of the perimeter place a pipe with holes on the bottom covered with a synthetic permeable fabric. Then using the grade in the lot install a drain pipe to move the water away from the area where the shed is installed. It would be an expensive alternative but at least the user would have the needed head room.

Looked at flight tickets with my wife and mother-in-law to Myrtle Beach for my brother-in-law's wedding in October. I was surprised to find (as I fly about once every two years) that they (airline companies) are now charging for just about everything, including option for all of us to sit together. When we finished pricing out the tickets, those "optional" items ended up costing more than one of the tickets. :mikey2:

Edited by Salt Peanuts