And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Saw the orthopedic surgeon today about my shoulder and he sent me for x-rays and an MRI. He said that surgery will probably not be needed but I guess I will find out more on Friday when I see him again after the MRI and x-rays.

The MRI experience was *not* fun and evidently I am still claustrophobic. Last time, I was in an open bore MRI machine, the one they use for obese and claustrophobic patients, and it was feet first (for my hip). That machine has a much larger bore. The one I was in today was a regular size. I didn't think about this (since I had a relatively good time last time) before they started putting me in the machine (telling me to breathe shallowly so it doesn't move the shoulder - yeah right). As I started going in, my eyes were open and I started freaking out and felt like a was hyperventilating. I closed my eyes and calmed myself down, telling myself that I could get out if I needed to. I survived, didn't scream, and didn't get out in the middle but it still wasn't fun. Back to the MRI for fat people next time.

Also, how do large people fit in those things? I felt like I barely fit.

Edited by shellylh

I had a brain MRI once and it was the same way --- kind of creepy. I remember thinking the very same thing. Yes, I could crawl out if I had to. I guess I held my head still enough. The pictures weren't fuzzy when the doctor pinned them up on the light box. And why the heck do they do THAT? The machine makes an electronic image and yet they print it out on old school-looking film.

And why the heck do they do THAT? The machine makes an electronic image and yet they print it out on old school-looking film.

My doctor looks at them on the computer. That is funny.

I don't understand how a person could stand to have a 90 minute scan in anything but the open or open bore. Shudders.

Just picked up my wife after an accident (she was not at fault and she's okay) and now we're trying to get all the phone calls/paperwork squared away. According to my wife, the other driver was very polite and admitted fault (along with two people who gave my wife their business card in case she needed a witness) so the insurance/repair should go relatively painlessly. I'm starting to think this car is cursed seeing as this is the third time in a year that this car has been in an accident.