And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Twenty years in amazing!  Twenty years of being a beloved pet is beautiful.  RIP Luvbug.  

As for me, I started a very needed vacation (tomorrow through next Wed.).  Mom is coming in this weekend for a couple months, and I'll be readying the house, and hopefully sleeping in a bit.

Technically, she was only loved for 19.  The story goes like this (this is me cherishing her memory and sharing it with you all):  in 1994, my sister was sitting with a male friend of hers in her Baltimore apartment, when her male friend asked her if she had a cat, because he had just seen one on the balcony (second story).  When she took her to the vet, they estimated her age at one year.  Later, when it was discovered she was a runt, they decided she was probably older, but they stuck with one year.  I call her 20 years old, but we'll never know for sure.

I knew her for the entire time that my sister owned them, and some of my favourite memories of her are from that period from about 1997 on, when my sister started traveling.  My mom kept her cats, and I would come over to visit them.  My mom hated them, so kept them closed off in one room to minimize damage.  One time, I went down to visit them, and Luvbug was at the far end of the room, and when I opened the door, she came running and leapt into my arms.  I'm pretty sure it was at that moment that I fell in love.

I've taken care of my sister's cats multiple times, and remember being woken by her having the "midnight nutties".  I would hear her leap onto the dresser, then leap down, then run as fast as she could to the far side of the apartment, turn around, and run back as fast as she could. 

In 2007, I ended up taking care of them while my sister was trying to get back into the country for several months.  I started keeping her in my room.  My sister and I both sort of mentioned the idea of me keeping her at the same time, me just because I loved her so much, and my sister because she was worried that the cat would be getting too old to travel.  I of course immediately leapt at the opportunity.  She was already 13 or 14 at that point.  She's been my companion ever since, and I've been her senior care.

Thanks for the offer, Jeff, but I never left Woodbridge today.

And yeah, Nate, I hate being obvious, but that was directed mostly at you and Shelly, so thank you specifically for your understanding.

My condolences Dusty.

Wayne - you put so much into your Santa persona & activities each year that it is not surprising that you experience some type of post-partum..."something" (I don't want to put words into your mouth or misinterpret). You are a good person, Take some time for yourself to recharge your batteries.

Actually from yesterday, but I accepted my next role. Assuming approvals work out, I'll be in Manhattan starting on Monday for two weeks of training on a new product from Oracle. Actual project is happening in northern Indiana, so not too far away from home but I'll get some hotel points. 

^Congrats, Aura.

Though I barely frequent the other forum anymore, I've just been made aware that there is still some of the old sense of community remaining there. I asked a local Winnipeg member, whom I've never met beyond two emails back and forth, if I could try out his Stax 4040 rig while I was in town. His response was that he never listens to it anymore, so why don't I borrow it for a month or so.

I grudgingly accepted, and it sounds really good. I hope he's got time for a few beers on me when I return it.

Went to install the PWD MKII upgrade but when I started looking through the parts, I noticed that one of the parts (the I2S cable)  looked a little off - one of the wires looked a bit too crimped for my liking - reminds me of Grado headphone cables.  I asked PS Audio to send me a new I2S cable.  Do you think that was unreasonable?

Got a new I2S cable from Ps Audio!  Also got the GS-1 upgraded modules from Justin earlier in the week!  Can't wait to upgrade the GS-1 and PWD this weekend.

• Like 2

Actually from yesterday, but I accepted my next role. Assuming approvals work out, I'll be in Manhattan starting on Monday for two weeks of training on a new product from Oracle. Actual project is happening in northern Indiana, so not too far away from home but I'll get some hotel points. 

Good deal Lil Bro.

Congrats...can I ask what the product is?  We're working with WebLogic here, and I hate it, but I haven't totally given up on Oracle yet.  Just being nosy.

^Yep. Flash over substance. No tactile feedback, and if its re-configurable, no muscle memory. They need to speak to some real human factors people.

But it is nice :) And there's voice control + steering wheel buttons.

http://reseclectica.blogspot.com/2012/09/why-touchscreens-in-cars-are-very-bad.html

http://www.conceivablytech.com/10260/products/touch-in-cars-is-still-too-complicated

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/08/14/0350225/touch-interfaces-in-cars-difficult-to-use

http://www.teslamotors.com/it_IT/forum/forums/dashboard-touchscreen