What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Untangled, sorted and cable tied, and filed away hundreds of cables tangled up in boxes and drawers. Found my Dreamcast A/V cable in the process.

Did a similar thing with several boxes full of unfiled paper. Used many staples, punched many holes. Need more ring binders.

Soup Day, starting last night. Big pot of homemade lentil and ham soup starting with sorting, cleaning and soaking the lentils. Clean down the hambone, which goes into the pressure cooker with the lentils, the herbs and spice. Puree the lentils after pulling the hambone and the bay leaves. Prep all the ham, carrot, onions, and celery and sweat them down in some EVOO in the bottom of the big stock pot. Then it's everybody back into the hot tub with some chicken broth. Hot crusty bread. Glass of cab. Delish.

Seven quarts more lentil soup in the freezer; priceless. :D

Went to Central Park to listen to the NY Philharmonic. It was just too damn humid so I left around 9:30. Perfect timing as it started to rain just as I was getting out of the park. Went to grab dinner and some drinks with friends and now I'm home. Listening to some tunes and relaxing.