Vicki...The only Queen at CanJam?

swt61

I just read the whole thread,The thread title was pretty funny after reading it.

Its cool that Steve Shelly & Ryan felt comfortable to post this in the forum.

It was great hanging out with the three of you at Canjam.

Steve you should have asked my advice before you took on Colin in the arm wrestling match:D

Birgir ... I just got the fitz flash as well, so join you in a hearty "well done" fitz. As someone else mentioned, your outing is likely much more difficult at your stage in life, and, as with Steve and Shelly, I am proud of you for being yourself, and proud of HC'ers for being the supportive environment we are. I so very much look forward to the next time we are all together, just as long as Tyll leaves the lingere at home.

Same sentiment Fitz (and Steve, and Shelly). Tyll really needs to leave the lingerie at home... my effin' eyes :kitty:

This thread offers a condensed amalgamation of why this forum is a place which members should be honoured to be part of. It makes a clear case for the clarity of purpose we have here in being friends. Not something as simple of diffuse as a group of names next to icons who submit text oen after another. I feel privilaged to have met those of you I have, happy to have spent time with you and keen to know those of you I have not yet.

I think highly of you until this sentence

I'm allowed to make fun of anybody who owns a Celine Dion album because I own the entire Eiffel 65 and Bloom 06 discography. I love Eurotrash too. To talk additioanlly on what I said before. I spent a time during high school when I had an indeterminate sexual orientiation. This was between starting puberty and eventually realising that I was a girl chasing boobie maniac. Even now, I have a comfort zone outwith most guys I know for homoerotic crosstalk, but it was something which lead me, however long or short it was, to a period of confusion. So I hope I didn't sound glib before.

To celebrate and commemorate the acceptance you fine people have shown, I'd like to propose a contest for a new related custom title if the mods be willing. I know this is asking for trouble, but I think it could be great fun. Give it your best shot everyone, and don't hold back!

Nate if this is acceptable would you do the honors of choosing the winning entry?

Not sure it's up to me to decide what is acceptable or not but given the thread title, and her ultimately superior level of sanity, I'd suggest that Vicki at least by my co-counsel in selecting a winner.

That said, my suggestion for your new custom title, "Has an affection for all things wood" or something like that.

I'll be really glad when all of you can lead a happy life "Where the grass is greener".

All the best wishes from an almost stranger.

I'm also happy to say that there are places in the world (and I'm glad I live in one of them) where this is just not an item at all....

I wasn't planning to post this here until a bit later, but after seeing the amount of positive energy here I've decided to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag: I am the member Steve was referring to in the beginning of his post.

Unlike most people, I did not realize I was gay by the time I was in my teens, and always thought I was solidly heterosexual. It wasn't until earlier this year, having been single for a few years that I finally began to notice an attraction towards other men, which caused me more than a small amount of distress at the time. It reached a point that I needed to confide in someone else, and sent Steve a message one night after I'd been up late thinking about my situation. He was nothing but supportive of helping me work through it, although at the time I wasn't entirely sure what he meant by me having good instincts in choosing to go to him for advice.

After sending that message to him and starting the initial dialogue, I quickly felt more and more comfortable with the fact that I was gay, and within days I had become certain and completely okay with it. It made me feel incredibly empowered, like a veil was lifted off my mind. Even in ways unrelated to sexuality I've felt very liberated... I'm significantly more comfortable talking openly to people even if I don't know them, no more quietly sitting off to the side all the time. Some people who've previously met me might have noticed that at CanJam; one person even directly commented on it to me.

Now that this is out in the open, everyone can start a new wave of jokes about me and Steve sharing a room for CanJam. :P

Germania wins again!