And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I wouldn't actually use one of them, Scott, but people like you should have the right to choose!

Which of the kids would you sell into slavery to pay for the other one's college, though, Steve? tongue.png

Al, How did you square the "I use an iPhone, and own several Mac's" conflict of interest? or is that just a naive outsiders view of proceedings? Are only jurors required to be unbiased? smile.png

Know thy enemy.

Edited by Voltron

My conservationist mother in law still resents my choice to earn money instead of saving the planet, but there were no law jobs where I could do both.

The sad truth is that one can probably do more good for the world by working as a corporate lawyer and spending 80% of your salary to hire 4 public interest lawyers than by earning 80% less and working in public interest oneself.

Lots of backlash against the law school industry lately, and worth reading about before venturing in:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/20/the-bad-news-law-schools/?hp

... statistics that show, among other things, that while law schools produce annually 45,000 new graduates, only 25,000 openings for lawyers are projected “each year through 2018.” Not that the oversupply of lawyers means that Americans have all the legal services they need. In fact, Tamanaha reports, large populations are underserved. The paradox is easily explained: the kind of lawyering poor and disadvantaged communities require does not bring in enough money to attract newly minted lawyers trailing clouds of debt. “Law schools have created a systemic mismatch between graduates and jobs.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/26/opinion/legal-education-reform.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=american%20legal%20education%20is%20in%20crisis&st=Search

Which of the kids would you sell into slavery to pay for the other one's college, though, Steve? tongue.png

Well isn't obvious? Sophie is sweet and beautiful, so it can't be her.

Alden is...well Alden is cute and has a killer sense of humor. So it has to be... well?

Can you have another kid? :D

As previously bitched about I worked all of Saturday and most of Sunday. But it was worth it since I finished the work a day early and was able to enjoy the holiday yesterday.

141651021.jpg141651037.jpg

Ian, who also was stuck working with me this weekend, and I decided to venture to northern NH in search of some actual (non-man-made) snow. Turns out that Cannon Mountain, in Franconia, has actually gotten some 7' of snow this year and the skiing was pretty fantastic. The upper, more technical portion of the mountain, was blissfully clear of Massholes.

As previously bitched about I worked all of Saturday and most of Sunday. But it was worth it since I finished the work a day early and was able to enjoy the holiday yesterday.

141651021.jpg141651037.jpg

Ian, who also was stuck working with me this weekend, and I decided to venture to northern NH in search of some actual (non-man-made) snow. Turns out that Cannon Mountain, in Franconia, has actually gotten some 7' of snow this year and the skiing was pretty fantastic. The upper, more technical portion of the mountain, was blissfully clear of Massholes.

But you said to go West because of no snow. :palm: Just kidding. Looks like fun, less than two weeks for me. Vail's received over 14' this year and added a foot in the last week. Can't wait!

Mike,

There was no snow on the ground until we were within 10 miles of the mountain, it was freaky. I'd bet that most other mountains in NH have virutally no real snow base, just whatever they've been able to make and maintain. Cannon is sort of a freak of nature, parked on the north side of Franconia Notch. Weather gets trapped up there and often is completely different from one end to the other. It was windy as hell on the south side but on was mostly calm until you got to the very top of the mountain. It's also a really steep mountain, 2100' of vertical in a short horizontal run. Look at a topo map if you're curious, this was about the best view that I could find.

web-franconia-notch-aerial.jpg

Thanks guys - Yeah sad to say, I am back at work :(

Had a little Lagavulin 12yo last night... I think it helped out.

I had a sore throat last week after the SJ gathering. I thought I was okay to have a Beverage on Saturday.. but I think that it lowered my defenses just enough that it went into my head then...

I don't know -- maybe I had a bit much.... being that they started out sealed.

7XX9k.jpg