And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Glad to hear you're doing well. :lol: Srsly, what was wrong with the Strad? Did it need refurbishing?

It's owned by a museum, estimated worth 5-6 million USD, and it's about to acquire another Strad that cost 12 mil. Wikipedia says it has 5 Strads already. Strad prices can only skyrocket and then become unobtainium as all the museums and collectors buy them all out and they stop circulating. I think the one I played was in need of a tune-up by an experienced luthier but it was clear that it gets use from time to time as there is still leftover rosin. Also the bow I was using was crap (worth $5-6k), which didn't help. I still don't think properly tuned it could beat out my violin in both sound quality and playability.

used a vacuum cleaner. it blew.

Doesn't that mean that it.. sucks... wut?

Edited by mypasswordis

Found out yesterday from my recruiter that I've made it to the third (and final) round interview for a business systems integration consulting position at Accenture. I called one of my friends who's worked for them since December and he said that this is the easiest round and that you basically chill out at the office for a day and get free breakfast and lunch.

The caveat - the position is for Minneapolis. My friend said that it's weird because my recruiter exclusively handles Chicago-based hires, so at the last interview I'm going to talk to her in-person and ask about the possibility of staying in IL even though she had clearly stated it was for MN when I first talked to her. If I can stay in Chicago and they make an offer, I'll lean heavily towards accepting. If they would force me to move to Minneapolis... well, that's a bit of a problem since I am 75% moved into Allison's apartment with the extreme hope that I would be able to live with her once finding work.

I have another preliminary teleconference interview with a guy from Chaucer Consulting tomorrow morning that I'm really looking forward to. They're more niche consulting with managerial/strategic focus along with project management, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Can't keep all my eggs in one basket.

x2... great job Bryan! Best of luck, and hopefully the Accenture position can stay in IL. My younger brother lives in the twin cities; I've always liked it there whenever I've gone up to visit him, though wisely never in winter tundra.

Good luck Bryan!

Good to hear you are hanging with Andrew, Nate. Such a great time having a youngster and a newbie. I really loved that time with my kids.

Much belated happy first birthday wishes to Libby, Haj. Sounds like you had a fun party for her. We have a great first birthday pic of our son in a sailor suit with chocolate cake and ice cream smeared on his face and down his shirt. Seems like yesterday and a million years ago at the same time.

Me, I'm waiting for the judge to come out for the third to last day of this marathon trial....

Thanks everyone, sure would be nice to have money sometime soon :P.

Jim - as Allison always says, "I'm an 80 year-old trapped inside a 20-something person."

Good luck with the end of the trial Al. May the decision be swift and in your favor!

Good luck Bryan, if you have any health care systems project management interests, there should be a boatload of opportunities for you in the next ten years.

Nate great to hear you are hanging with the little man, those were some great times for me.

Al, good luck with the Judge and trial.

My teaching license was renewed as continuing status today for another five years. This was one of my main goals when I promised to stick to teaching for three years and will allow me to keep my license indefinitely as long as I keep up with continuing education credits by taking a few classes during that period. At least now my college degree can continue to be worth something in the future should I wish to use it towards teaching at any later point.

i returned a wallet i found on the street, it belonged to a student in the building i work in, which made it easy, and i barely got a thank you. you'd think getting credit cards and birth control back would warrant more than a grunt.

Sometimes people are so embarrassed by their stupidity that it comes off that they're not thankful or sometimes their just pricks

I did that once. Found a purse a few months ago and found the girl on Facebook. She called me and asked me to meet her 40 miles south of school to give her her purse back. I said I was just going to leave it with lost and found. She then said she was going to come by in an hour. Came with her boyfriend who claimed I was being a douche to her on the phone for not wanting to drive out of my way. Gave her the purse and walked back upstairs. The kept yelling im talking to you. Don't turn your back to me.

Fucking ingrates. +1 to you though Jacob.

I did that once. Found a purse a few months ago and found the girl on Facebook. She called me and asked me to meet her 40 miles south of school to give her her purse back. I said I was just going to leave it with lost and found. She then said she was going to come by in an hour. Came with her boyfriend who claimed I was being a douche to her on the phone for not wanting to drive out of my way. Gave her the purse and walked back upstairs. The kept yelling im talking to you. Don't turn your back to me.

Fucking ingrates. +1 to you though Jacob.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I once left my wallet at the gym. When I came back to check if I had left it there, the lost and found did indeed have it - minus all the cash inside. At least my IDs and credit card etc weren't taken, so I was thankful.

Edit: Oh, and congrat Scott!

Edited by mypasswordis