What did you do today?

riceboy

Yesterday, did a lunch ride to Johnny's in Ventura with a friend. Johnny's is the "best burrito joint in the world" according to this poster in Sunset Magazine (near bottom of page). I don't know if that's true, but the Pork and Chile Relleno burrito I had was the best burrito I've tasted since returning to California in 1988.

What was the previous best?

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually amazed at how easy it was. Left one just came out no probs. Right one had to get cut in half and then they had to dig around a bit and take a wee bit of my jawbone out. Stitched me up and sent me home. Theres been no pain at all and only minimal discomfort on the right side.

Listening impressions are of a slightly lighter, less clogged sound but there might be a gap in the frequency response somewhere.

Went to work and realized later in the day that a wound in my right arm looked rather angry and infected. Stopped by at a walk-in clinic (regular doc's office closed early today) after work and they told me it is most likely a staph infection. Now eating large bowl of yogurt to counter the effect of antibiotics.

I'm actually amazed at how easy it was. Left one just came out no probs. Right one had to get cut in half and then they had to dig around a bit and take a wee bit of my jawbone out. Stitched me up and sent me home. Theres been no pain at all and only minimal discomfort on the right side.

Lucky bastard. All four of mine were impacted...... required jaw dislocation and bone removal from all four under general anaesthetic.

Went to work and realized later in the day that a wound in my right arm looked rather angry and infected. Stopped by at a walk-in clinic (regular doc's office closed early today) after work and they told me it is most likely a staph infection. Now eating large bowl of yogurt to counter the effect of antibiotics.

Arrrgh! Kill it! Kill it!

Good luck with that! :eek:

whats college algebra? Is it like math for business majors? ;)

worse...math for arts kids. its the lowest level of math the school offers. pretty annoying to have to sit there and try to get people to get from 6/8 to 3/4 and connect that to (4x^2)/(2x^3). some people just dont make the connection no matter how much you try.

worse...math for arts kids. its the lowest level of math the school offers. pretty annoying to have to sit there and try to get people to get from 6/8 to 3/4 and connect that to (4x^2)/(2x^3). some people just dont make the connection no matter how much you try.

:palm:

That's worse than last year, when I was taking Calc I in engineering school, and people were not able to basic calc. I was only taking it as a refresher course, but I was seriously doubting the ability of some of these people to successfully complete the class.

Considering that all the people I was talking about are at my school means that they're all there for either engineering or science. I realize that most people don't ever use any math beyond basic algebra. Just saying that I was surprised at how many people who were going into engineering were having difficulty with one of the most basic subjects in the field.

the mechanical portion of calculus can be taught to a 6th grader. i learnt it then. so did friends of mine. its all just methodical junk at the non application level. the thinking portion comes with experience but i certainly dont agree with it being hard course. in india its part of the curriculum in 10th grade. every kid in high school (public or private) has to take it. china and japan work similarly from what i have heard from the other phd people here. it is public perception that makes math hard. anyone who can learn how to tie a shoe lace or a tie or any procedural task can learn at least the mechanical portion of calculus.

bperboy, that sounds very troubling.

today i stopped 2 people from stealing the food i had kept in the fridge in the graduate student lounge. guess i have to start writing my name on it from now on.

Went to Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room in Savannah today with the family for lunch. Probably about as good eating as I have ever had, bar none. Place doesnt look like much, and its just maybe 10 tables tops with the food served family style, but holy cow is it good. Got back, hung around with the family a bit, then hit the gym.

Had a fight with a wall yesterday, it hurt. Feels a lot better today now that the wound on my head isn't oozing.

Wall: 1

Fitz: 0

Chicks dig scars.

Apparently Im going to be making a website for some displaced vegans today.

I'll probably do it over Arby's.

Wouldn't it be fun to put subliminal flashes of meat loaf in it?

Edited by swt61