And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

just scheduled a dentist appointment. my "temporary" crown, which i've had in for two years (due to hating every dentist in my immediate area [mostly due to games played with billing], though i finally found somebody i liked earlier this year), just lost its shell, so i have a nice grey peg where i used to have a maxillary lateral incisor. my insurance company finally came through with their predetermination (i need three new crowns), so i'll get the party started this coming week.

Yikes, I don't know anyone that likes going to the dentist for these things (except maybe Steve Martin, in Little Shop of Horrors). My wife and I both had two molars opposite of each other crack, a couple of years apart for each of us. They said it must have been something that happened with a glitch in the development of the teeth. We both got crowns as these cracks occurred, but both of mine cracked all the way down the root and had to be replaced with implants. Oh the horror!

Congrat Raffy! Raises are good. Will the promotion impact what you do much?

Not really. I pretty much told them I've taken on more responsibilities and expanded my skillset vastly over the past few years so much so that I think I deserve a promotion.

I've been with the company 5 years with no more than routine cost of living adjustment raises so I told them I was not doing my due diligence I owed myself if I didn't ask for a raise. Thankfully my boss agreed :)