And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

First day of downhill skiing yesterday. Did pretty well, got off the bunny hill fairly quickly, but then I sorta went through a tree. Let me tell you, breaking a tree in half with your face really puts a damper on your day.

Next weekend will be day 2. Let's see what sort of heroic falls and obstacle destruction I can come up with.

Also, any tips for keeping fog off glasses and goggles? I did most of the bunny hill half blind with fog but it didn't matter. On actual slopes, though...

First day of downhill skiing yesterday. Did pretty well, got off the bunny hill fairly quickly, but then I sorta went through a tree. Let me tell you, breaking a tree in half with your face really puts a damper on your day.

Next weekend will be day 2. Let's see what sort of heroic falls and obstacle destruction I can come up with.

Also, any tips for keeping fog off glasses and goggles? I did most of the bunny hill half blind with fog but it didn't matter. On actual slopes, though...

Once you start skiing with speed the fog shouldn't be a problem. You fog your glasses and goggles because you are doing heavy exertion without proper ventilation (because you are moving slowly) around your glasses/goggles. You could pay and arm and a leg for some spray or liquid that they sell in the ski shop that prevents fog.

-

i went to physical therapy. picking up 100 marbles with your toes and depositing them one by one into a cup blows, especially when you have limited ankle and knee movement.

I hate to tell you this but I happen to know your physical therapy protocol real well and your next group of exercises will involve serving you chinese food for lunch and requiring you to use your toes and a pair of chopsticks to eat the lunch, then you will progress to doing landscape painting while holding a horsehair paint brush with your foot and listening to calypso hits of the 60's. Enjoy...........

Yeah, what Augsburger said -- make sure they're properly ventilated, and try not to perspire/cry/sweat/glow so much. Or breath.

Moguls are fun. Initially distressing, they're actually easier to take at higher speeds than lower. Mostly so that you don't get someone else's ski in your back, with their foot still in the boot.

I miss skiing. Need to lose some volume so that I can go again. It's the closest I'll ever get to hang-gliding, I think.

We won the cake of the year here by a bloody landslide. The judges remarked that they didn't even have to go back and compare with others after testing ours but they did almost finish the bloody thing. :) This means a lot of publicity for us but it also means I have to make a few hundred of these now. I'll post some pics when I have them but it is a pretty thing and tastes even better.