And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Stayed up all night with a sick kitty -- eye infection.  Took her to the vet, gave me some antibiotic eyedrops.  Think we caught it in time.  Not that there's anything wrong with a kitty blind in one eye, but I don't want to be the cause of it due to negligence.

Came home, fed kitties, fell asleep at computer until 1.  

We said goodbye to our beautiful brindle girl Neko this morning.  Osteosarcoma moved in very fast and while it was difficult, and I had hoped for more time, it was definitely best for her.  Lauren insisted I take the pup to one of her favorite places last night, a nearby beach where we'd been taking her for the past 6 years.  Someone there was kind enough to take a minute to capture her last big adventure.  You'll be missed.

DSC_0363_zps1a1d71d7.jpg

:ian:

RIP Neko.   :-[

"Damn Ian.  I am sorry you had to say good bye to Neko.  What a nice way to spend time before saying good bye."

"Glad she had one last good adventure. "

/\   /\   /\   /\  These

Edited by Augsburger

Sorry about Neko.  

The funeral went fine, and said step-brother behaved himself, but still didn't get together with us after the funeral.  But my mom and step-dad's friends vastly outnumbered his family members, making up for the low number of family member on our side who could actually attend.

It would have been awful for my mom if my daughter and I hadn't driven overnight to Houston, as my mom would have only had my brother's partner there with her as family. My brother's partner has been part of the family for the same 26 years as my step-dad was with my mom.

Nobody at my brother's work could cover for him, so he could not attend without risking his job, which can can't afford to lose in case he needs the health insurance for possible lung cancer. It just keeps getting worse sometimes, before it gets better.