And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Once again threw myself willingly into the slow churning gears that is the Taxachusetts bureaucracy.  I am now at least in theory one step closer toward getting health insurance.  [After another 3 week wait, of course.]  That's spiffy, as I have some chronic maladies that have not been getting any better in the interim. :palm:

OK, one more reason to feel a bit old.

Took Andrew to the Dentist this morning, fitting for a mouth guard.  In the waiting room, listening to the music and reading a book on the iPad.

An Echo & The Bunnymen song came on.  Yup.....one of the bands I like from the late 70's/early 80's is playing in a Dentist office..... (and it was not accompanied by other good music)

Edited by skullguise

Got to RMAF in Denver at about 4PM, and spent the first hour at the V-MODA table of all places.  Went out to Dinner with Fang and his HiFiMan entourage afterwards.  Gotta see the rest of the show in only two days now.

If I recall correctly, Fang's wife is hawt, in a "take off the thick glasses, and shake the hair out" kind of way.  That memory is from a somewhat beer infused after party at The Office from L.A. CanJam.   There was no talk of headphones or amps.

YMMV.

Replaced the ancient desk I was using in the den/guest room with the small-ish dining table that had been sitting unused in the basement.  The whole process took longer than I wanted, but now I have a much larger area for my computer stuff.  Now I need to finish cleaning rest of the room so it can be used when my in-laws are here in two days.

is the deposit large enough to warrant a lawyer?

Yes, and maybe. Yes, it is large enough since Julie isn't working full time anymore to be able to take more classes. I am entirely on loans, so can't help her financially as much as I would like to. Maybe, because I don't have a realistic idea as to how much a lawyer would end up costing through the entirety of the nonsense. It isn't just the deposit. He wants Julie to pay for the damage caused by an ac leak that Julie informed him of the moment it happened. Upon his brother's advice she let the frozen section melt which caused even more water damage. The landlord didn't send someone over until a week after she told him about it all the while he kept telling her someone was going 3 days in a row when no one went. I know this because Julie was at work and I was skipping tutoring kids to go house sit at her place. The guy put the house on the market and sold it. Now he doesn't want to pay for all the repairs caused by the ac. I don't see how he is entitled to anything more than the security deposit if even that. On a matter of principle I don't want to let it go because he had no intention of returning the deposit check (he slipped up when he got angry). That being said, it I guess depends on how much hiring a lawyer would end up being and if we have a case to win otherwise we end up losing the $1400 and have to pay two lawyers. 

I went to roller derby. Strange sport. One of Bonnie's co-workers is a blocker on the local team.

The opposing team had way shorter shorts, but not much depth on offense and they seemed a bit clumsy on defense, apart from a few standout  players. Ultimately, the locals handed them a doleful drubbing, 232 -117. 

If I ever feel the desire to punish a photographer, I'll send him to this. The light is horrible, the rules are incomprehensible, and the backgrounds are cluttered as crap. It would be like cricket in shitty light.

If I recall correctly, Fang's wife is hawt, in a "take off the thick glasses, and shake the hair out" kind of way.  That memory is from a somewhat beer infused after party at The Office from L.A. CanJam.   There was no talk of headphones or amps.

YMMV.

Hi wife (not sure how to spell Fi Fi ?) is very attractive, and a few years ago she went to dinner in Colorado with me, Fang, Jack Wu and his dad, and a few others.  But she hasn't come to RMAF for the past 3 years and is working for her family business is China (truck parts).  It's hard to believe their new daughter is already 2.5 years old now!  Fang is a great guy and deserves someone like her.

Hi wife (not sure how to spell Fi Fi ?) is very attractive, and a few years ago she went to dinner in Colorado with me, Fang, Jack Wu and his dad, and a few others.  But she hasn't come to RMAF for the past 3 years and is working for her family business is China (truck parts).  It's hard to believe their new daughter is already 2.5 years old now!  Fang is a great guy and deserves someone like her.

Oh, so great guys deserve hawt women?  :kitty:

Decided to spend the long weekend with mom and dad. Out of the three sons (no daughters) I remain the single one, so it's easy for me to just spend a weekend here and not worry about other things.

It's nice to see them happy when they know I am sleeping over a few nights. I don't understand it fully, as I am not a parent myself, but I'm sure the day will come when I become a dad, and then I will think "huh... so THAT's what they felt every time."

• Like 2