What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the funeral of my boss, who was a mentor and friend for 14 years, a wonderful man who died in a motorcycle accident a couple days ago. Cried and laughed a lot. Came home and went to bed at 4PM. Now it's 4AM and I'm awake. Gonna vacuum up the cat hair all over my house so Duggeh will think my house is always this...er...tidy. I'm really looking forward to just hanging out with good friends this week.

I heard about this from Mike yesterday. Really sorry to hear about it.

My own good news: Over the weekend my cat turned up at the back door like nothing ever happened. Little bugger is back meowing and trying to sneak out as usual. Good times.

Good news. My dog met my neighbors cat. The cat attacked my dog, lost and disappeared for most of a week. They seem to be pretty self sufficient on their own.

woke up, went for a hike in the Marin headlands. took pix of various feathered beasts. ventured across golden gate for a bit of shopping in Cow Hollow, a stroll past Ghirardelli square, a trolley ride to Powell BART, a subway and bus to the airport, a plane south, a taxi home. guess I got nothing done, but came home to dual email account malfunctions. realized over a gin & tonic that today felt like a real day off mostly due to that lack of net access...

Went to bed last night feeling relatively crappy.

Woke up feeling only slightly better, decided that 9/9/09 made a good day not to go into the office.

Had some coffee, a donut, felt a little better, good enough to play around in the wood shop.

Just put the first coat of semi-gloss lacquer on a project.

Went to the work. Pointed out another problem that someone else caused with our code. Informed the client of said issues.... It's possible I will escape this hell..... but several things need to go right so the chances are slight. Fingers crossed.

Anyway I'm going to the Galapagos on Friday so life can't be that bad on 999 I just hope this sore throat doesn't carry through to something more sinister. I can see the headlines: Galapagos tourist kills all animals with swine flu.

Went to bed last night feeling relatively crappy.

Woke up feeling only slightly better, decided that 9/9/09 made a good day not to go into the office.

Had some coffee, a donut, felt a little better, good enough to play around in the wood shop.

Just put the first coat of semi-gloss lacquer on a project.

Payin' hooky and donuts all in one day? Man you live on the edge! :P