And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

The most important thing to me right now is - is it acceptable to drink Manhattan's and Martini's through a straw?

See above^. I tend to think a Manhattan would be a lot easier to drink via straw than a Martini, but there are also lots of great cocktails made for straw sippin' so check out that fancy new cocktail book you have for "long drinks" and have at it. wink.png <--one eye stuck open smiley

That is really crappy Mike but I am glad it wasn't a stroke. Patch sounds fun. Also, you should be drinking rum drinks if you are wearing a patch and you are certainly allowed to drink a rum drink out of a straw: Navy Grog, Zombie, Mai Tai, Knickerbocker, and Cuba Libra should keep you good for a while. Hope things don't take too long to get better. sad.png

Edited by shellylh

Dude, that totally sucks, but I'm really glad it wasn't a stroke. To my knowledge, Bell's Palsy is a random bad luck infection, usually viral, and it usually goes away in a few weeks as the nerve recovers. It usually doesn't recur, unless you just happen to get it again by really bad luck. If you have really, really bad luck, sometimes the nerve can be left with a residual weakness, but that's pretty unusual. Typically, you'll be a pirate for a few weeks, we can all tease you for a bit, then it should just go away.

Drink what you want through straw, I say, you can't stop living life! Maybe get a pretty, decorative straw, and maybe an umbrella! wink.png

Edit: Anne likes to meet up with her friends at this Tiki bar sometimes for silliness and fun. You'd fit right in ...

http://hala-kahiki.com/

Edited by jvlgato

Damn, so glad to hear you're *relatively* okay Mike, Allison noticed your post on FB and immediately asked me about it, which of course led me to this thread. Let me know if you need anything. Take care brother.

Edited by Aura

More Unitedental Bullshit. Started taxiing for takeoff when we stopped and returned to the gate because the flight attendant had to get off and go home to deal with issues at home. Now we are waiting for a replacement and even with all this extra time and they still never got around to doing upgrades so half of first class is empty and all the people on the upgrade list sit here in Coach.

A whole airline based on extreme incompetence.

Sorry about the runway experience Jeff.

Mike, I had Bell's Palsy a few years ago and as far as I know, have recovered completely. Noticed it when I was drooling on myself when my wife and I were out for dinner; cool move :rolleyes:

Sure glad yours wasn't a stroke!

More Unitedental Bullshit. Started taxiing for takeoff when we stopped and returned to the gate because the flight attendant had to get off and go home to deal with issues at home. Now we are waiting for a replacement and even with all this extra time and they still never got around to doing upgrades so half of first class is empty and all the people on the upgrade list sit here in Coach.

A whole airline based on extreme incompetence.

Sorry Jeff. I feel your pain - although I did get upgraded today. :)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Mike. Looks like they've even covered the chance it's a Facial Nerve Herpes Zoster, so you should be good. Don't get disappointed if it keeps getting worse on the next days. Start PT as soon as possible :)

Thanks. I did some reading last night and today and saw it may get worse. It has but only a little. My speech is more slurred and I drooled when I ate this morning. Sleeping was ok, and my Doc said he'll start me on PT if there hasn't been big improvement by the 27th. But it is nice to have a concurring opinion.