And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

2nd vocal lesson 

Started working on a cover (Goodloe Byron, Wellness Day, in the style of Born Under Punches).  Asked permission.  He said he’d be honored, so now I have to.

Also, not so much did today so much as benchmarked today — lost another 5-10 lbs. over the last month.  I am now 40-45 lbs. down from where I was in March.  Win!  Still have high blood pressure, though.  😕 

• Like 9

I used to hang out in Los Gatos a lot so I have many friends in the Santa Cruz Mountain areas.

I've tried to contact a couple but most have either been evacuated or trying to keep their lines open for emergency contacts.

Scary times down there and I have my fingers crossed that they have homes to return to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

We're one of the lucky few in Los Gatos / Santa Cruz mountains (so far) that didn't have to grab the go bag and head out. A huge portion of the people are evacuated and may not be able to come back for awhile assuming they have something to come back to. 

I am amazed that the amount of structures burned is as low as it is given the size of the fires and inadequate resources. The firefighters have done and unbelievable job. Sometimes working 48 to 72 hours before being able to sleep. Fortunately, the Calvary is arriving from other states, national guard and other countries to help out.  

Edited by robm321
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Made trip #2 to empty a storage unit for my dad.  Good and bad news:

• Bad - he needed my help, he has had 2 hip surgeries but now has an inner ear "thing" and needs a walker for balance.  Was pretty tough to see, but he is quite the trooper
  • Good - what I was cleaning out was about 24 boxes of LP's and acetates....I'll try and see what's there (some are pretty fucking dusty/dirty, and some of the older acetates have broken)
  • Bad - Karen (who is up in our Maine condo, I'll join her Saturday) is gonna be pissed at all these boxes in our dining room
  • Good - there may be a couple store owners or contacts interested in the lot
  • Bad - the condition of many of these is not what I was hoping

But, unit 578 is clear, and he won't have to spend $400 for the next lease/payment.....

Storage Unit.jpg

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 15