And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

We won the cake of the year here by a bloody landslide. The judges remarked that they didn't even have to go back and compare with others after testing ours but they did almost finish the bloody thing. :) This means a lot of publicity for us but it also means I have to make a few hundred of these now. I'll post some pics when I have them but it is a pretty thing and tastes even better.

:prettyprincess: Congratulations Birgir, that's fantastic, yet sorry for the extra work that will mean.

Thanks guys and here is the cake in question:

p1000912k.th.jpg

The quest was to use an Icelandic product called skyr. It is basically a 100% milk protein yogurt which doesn't mix all that well with cream. To make it, well great, we added raw vanilla and lemon bark to the mouse with gelatin to stabilize it. The red line is raspberry purr

Well played Biggie dear boy. More than well deserved I am certain. I look forward to sampling said cake at some point! Maybe you could use your boost to start exports eh?

If I might be so bold as to ask, what was it that placed a far and distant second place to your masterpiece?

Both times, they had to run a new cable into the house. They also need to install the ONT box and then it can take a bit as they setup the whole thing. This was compounded by the fact the installers were relatively new as we got FiOS quickly after it became available at both places.

Yea, ours went pretty quick because the ONT box was already installed in the building (but no one in the building had fios?) and most of the wiring was done beforehand. Just had to get the wire to where the computer was gonna be and turn on the signal. Sadly, turning on the signal took an hour due to random complications.

Congrats, Birgir!

I had another one of those unexpected home nightmares (wiring at the fuse box that was fizzing and popping) that resulted in hiring an electrician at post-5PM rates. At least I had no fire. Now, I need to get him back during the day hours to check all the wiring. In the past few months, I had replace the refrigerator and water heater, and get major work done on my car. I'm feeling poor.