And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Stacy told me today that she was filing for divorce. We've been separated for 2 years. It's not surprising though it hurts because I'll lose my medical insurance coverage through her. On the positive side, I have an interview on Monday. Hopefully everything will balance out.

Best of luck with everything Ken, I think karma should be on your side.

Sorry to hear that Ken. Good luck with the interview.

I had a phone meeting with my MSc supervisor today. I've been pretty much dropped out of my program since, well, sometime between the birth of my second child and having an epileptic seizure, two years ago. So, I told him quite truthfully that while I'd love to finish my thesis, and that I feel guilt aplenty for not having done so yet, I simply can't work on it in a piecemeal fashion, grabbing a few hours after the kids are in bed. How would he like to give me a small research assistantship for a few months, I said, so that I can devote all my attention to it and finally finish the bloody thing without causing my family to starve?

He didn't exactly say yes, but he didn't exactly say no either. I'll know in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!

Missus Monkey is at the show, Tyll. I'll tell her to watch out for the wild man in the Hawaiian shirt. smile.png

Tonight, I installed 4 more gigs of RAM in my MB (not pro) bringing it to 8GB. Apple said it was limited to 4GB; OWC said different. It appears OWC was right.

What a coincidence, I also have 8Gb of OWC RAM showing up tomorrow or Friday, for my late 2008 Macbook Pro and the latest firmware. Anything older and it wouldn't work with the upgrade properly. I was told if I ordered before 10:30PM it would ship the same day, but it didn't. Oh well...

Stacy told me today that she was filing for divorce. We've been separated for 2 years. It's not surprising though it hurts because I'll lose my medical insurance coverage through her. On the positive side, I have an interview on Monday. Hopefully everything will balance out.

Sorry to hear that, but it gets better - my 1st marriage lasted 2 years, with 20 months of that in couples therapy. My second one is going strong after 19 years. Still, I know it hurts on many fronts when things don't work out.